This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf is a moist and tender pumpkin bread that’s filled with melty chocolate chips and delicious pumpkin pie spice!
This is a fantastic, easy pumpkin bread recipe and is perfect sliced with butter but I also love to pair it with Pralines and Cream Ice Cream for a special fall treat.
My Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is a classic moist pumpkin bread packed full of delicious spices and mini chocolate chips. We love sweet bread loaves for the Holidays, as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
The best thing about chocolate chip pumpkin bread is that not only is it quick and easy, but you can also enjoy it all year round with canned pumpkin!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Pumpkin Puree – canned 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- Olive Oil
- Sugar – white granulated
- Flour – all purpose
- Baking Soda
- Spices – salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger
- Chocolate Chips – mini
How To Make A Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
This is a “quick bread” recipe, which means there is no yeast involved as a rising agent and no resting time. Instead, baking soda is used as a leavening, making the process much quicker!
PREHEAT OVENStart by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottom three bread loaf tins (8″x4″) with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTSIn a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice, ground cloves, and ground ginger. Sift together.
COMBINE WET INGREDIENTS In a separate mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, oil, water, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth and no longer lumpy.
ADD TOGETHERSlowly add the dry ingredients to the wet making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once it is all mixed together add the chocolate chips and stir.
BAKE Fill the prepared tins 2/3 full and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top. Place all the tins on a baking sheet for ease in transporting them to the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Skip the chocolate chips and add in chopped walnuts or pecans for a more nutty flavor.
- Add a cream cheese filling – combine 1 egg, 4 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour until smooth. Layer pumpkin bread, cream cheese filling, then pumpkin bread, then bake.
- Top the pumpkin bread with a cinnamon sugar streusel (use the topping from this Pumpkin Crumb Cake recipe).
- Keep it plain and simple and add a homemade tag when gifting.
How Should I Store Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
Can you prepare this pumpkin chocolate chip bread ahead of time? YES! This recipe is lovely served fresh and warm, but is fantastic served a day (or 3) later.
Here are the basics of storing and freezing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaves.
ROOM TEMPERATURE: 2-3 days in an airtight container.
REFRIGERATED: 3-5 days in an airtight container.
HOW TO FREEZE: Make sure your bread is completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
The Best Pumpkin Recipes
Obsessed with fall flavors like I am? I have more amazing pumpkin recipes for you to try!
I can’t wait for you to try this homemade pumpkin bread!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of 3 (8"x4") bread loaf tins with non stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice, ground cloves, and ground ginger. Sift together.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, oil, water, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth and no longer lumpy.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once it is all mixed together add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Fill the prepared tins 2/3 full. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the loaves. Place all the tins on a baking sheet for ease in transporting to the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: