This smooth and creamy, (no cook) Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe is a classic flavor that you can easily make at home!
You know I’m a huge fan of ice cream. I don’t know if I’ve ever shared this, but I used to work at a Cold Stone Creamery. Probably one of my favorite jobs ever! Who wouldn’t love to play with ice cream all day long? Oh, and I used to make fresh waffle cones… I would also burn my finger tips while doing it, but totally worth it.
Homemade Pralines and Cream Ice Cream:
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, I would suggest this one from Amazon. It’s affordable and works great!
- Don’t worry, you can still make this without an ice cream maker. It just takes a little more effort, but totally worth it.
- Use a store bought caramel sauce that’s thick, or try my homemade Dulce de Leche for a fun twist!
I love the candied pecans from my Strawberry Spinach Salad, so I made those, but added a little cream to the candy coating to give them a softer crunch that blends perfectly with the caramel infused vanilla ice cream base.
There really is nothing better than freshly churned homemade ice cream. Especially when you know all the ingredients going into it. Simple things like cream, milk, sugar and vanilla can make the most delicious ice cream base with no preservatives or artificial flavors.
Once you make this super smooth and creamy Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe, you’ll never want to buy a carton from the grocery store again! TRUST ME!
Grab a bowl (or cone) of ice cream and enjoy this sweet frozen treat!!
Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
Pralines and Cream Ice Cream recipe is a delicious homemade Ice Cream that is creamy and flavorful!
- Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
For the Creamy Candied Pecans:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping; plus more for serving
Make sure your ice cream canister is fully frozen before starting!
- To make the pralines combine the brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 3 to 4 minutes to lightly caramelize. Use a sturdy wooden spoon to stir in the pecans and remove from heat. Keep stirring until the candy cools and the pecans are coated. Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool completely.
To make the Ice Cream:
- Combine the heavy cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Turn on your ice cream machine and pour into canister. Process according to manufacturer’s directions. Just before you finish churning add the cooled pralines to the machine as well as the 1/4 cup caramel.
- Transfer the soft ice cream to a freezer safe container (I like to use my metal loaf pans), and freeze for at least 2 hours or until desired consistency. Enjoy with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
To make this recipe without an ice cream maker – Follow the instructions above, but instead of pouring into an ice cream maker, pour into a freezer friendly bowl. Place bowl in freezer covered, and stir every 30 minutes until your desired consistency is reached. Add the pecans and caramel topping just before fully frozen.
Keywords: Pralines, ice cream, pecans,
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: