These Gooey S’mores Cake Bars are beyond delicious! A graham cracker infused cake crust with layers of chocolate, marshmallow creme and mini marshmallows and then topped with more of the graham cracker cake crust… you’ll never look at a S’more the same way again.
My husband has this crazy work schedule where he works for 5 weeks (6 days a week/12 hours a day), then he gets a week off.
I love him and all, but holy heck, the dude can easily drive me crazy.
Having him home throws my whole routine off. Usually on his week off we’ll go out of town, but when we stay home and just “hang out,” I feel like I’ve gained a 5th child.
I’m just going to throw this out there… I don’t think husbands should be allowed more than a long weekend off of work. Ok, ok, I know the dude works hard and, yeah, he maaaay deserve a good, long week to recover from his busy work schedule.
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS…
Leave me be!!
I want to kick him out of the house to go fishing, or go ride the ATV, or to go mow the lawn.
For him to have fun. obviously…
I probably sound like the worst wife ever, but at least by the end of the day I give him treats like these Gooey S’mores Cake Bars (which he really really liked).
These cake bars are so easy to make, and are the perfect way to get to enjoy S’mores year round! Plus they’re a great bar to bring to any potluck! Everyone will devour this gooey treat!
So here’s what we’ve covered today:
Husband’s home from work -No.
Gooey S’mores Cake Bars – Yes.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Gooey S’mores Cake Bars
- 18 oz box yellow cake mix, (or similar size) just the mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13" cake pan with parchment paper for easy cutting later on, or just lightly spray with cooking spray and then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, egg, butter and graham cracker crumbs. Use a sturdy wooden spoon to mix until combined. The mixture will be slightly crumbly, but stick together when squeezed. Reserve 2 cups and pour the remaining graham cracker mixture into the cake pan and press down into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crust in an even layer and press lightly into the crust.
- Drop the marshmallow creme by the tablespoonful onto the chocolate chips and then wet the back of a tableware spoon with water and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the mini marshmallows, and then top with the remaining graham cracker mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, (optional - turn on the top broiler for just 1 to 2 minutes at the end to lightly brown the marshmallows). Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
More S’mores fun:
Just got these out of the oven! I found the recipe on pintrest and ran to the store to grab ingredients. This is a big hit at our house. Especially since it was too chilly to camp and make regular smores. Thank you they are so good!
amanda @ fake ginger
Yep, I want the whole pan.
Carol at Wild Goose Tea
You are right. This is beyond delicious. I am not sure how I am going to survive
s’mores week. All this wonderful receipes popping up everywhere.
they look so yummy!
Sarah in CA
This is a wonderful recipe and I can easily convert it to gluten free for the cake and crackers, while making it with corn syrup free marshmallow cream and marshmallow. A win-win for my family.
thanks for the great ideas. Btw, totally get the husband being home and messing with the schedule. Happens all the time.
Thanks Sarah! 🙂