Here’s the deal with this Pumpkin Magic Cake – it has a little bit of everything to please just about everyone.
I spent a long time perfecting this recipe. It finally came out just right, and I think you’re going to love it!
It has three layers of dessert goodness going on.
A layer of pumpkin pie on the bottom. A layer of cake in the middle. Finished off with a sweet layer of pumpkin pie spiced pudding/frosting/icouldeatthiseveryday on top.
What’s so magical about this cake?
You start off by mixing up a box of yellow cake mix, just like you normally would. Pour it into the cake pan, then you whip up some pumpkin pie, and pour that on top. It sinks to the bottom, and when baked it comes out in perfect layers!
Whisk up the top layer which is just a combination of Cool Whip, Pudding mix, milk and pumpkin pie spice. Spread it on top, and you have a multi-level dessert with layers upon layers of delicious Fall flavor.
This dessert is a definite crowd pleaser.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Magic Cake
PumpkinMagic Cake has a layer of pumpkin pie on the bottom, a layer of cake in the middle, finished off with a sweet layer of pumpkin pie spiced pudding/frosting/icouldeatthiseveryday on top.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 1 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the Cake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix PLUS ingredients needed to make (eggs, water, oil)
For the Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (15oz) can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Frosting
- 1 (4 serving size) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare box of cake mix according to package instructions, then pour into a lightly greased 9″x13″ cake pan. DO NOT BAKE. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin, evaporated milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice), until smooth. Slowly pour the pumpkin pie mixture all over the cake mix.
- Carefully place cake into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly, and a toothpick inserted into cake mix comes out clean. NOTE: The cake might be slightly darker than normal, but still tastes great. Let cool to room temperature.
- Make the frosting: Place the vanilla pudding mix into a large bowl, add the pumpkin pie spice and pour in the cold milk. Whisk until combined and starting to thicken. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until it’s completely combined. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
- You can serve now, or chill the cake, and serve when chilled. Either way tastes great. Enjoy!
Before baking the cake, you can place it on top of a rimmed baking sheet just in case any of the cake spills over the edge of the pan while baking.
After you are done baking the cake, it may look like it did not settle into layers, but it has! Frost it, cut it, and marvel at it’s awesomeness.
Keywords: pumpkin, magic, cake, whipped topping
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: