This Pumpkin Pie Recipe is full of robust fall flavors, including cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
This recipe has been made by thousands in my Pumpkin Magic Cake recipe, so I thought I would re-share the recipe in it’s original pie form.
I’ve been making this pumpkin pie recipe for several years now, and it is ALWAYS a hit!
Every holiday table should have at least one pumpkin pie on it, and I’m letting you know right now, this one will not disappoint.
The recipe couldn’t be any easier either.
The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Just add all the ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine. I like to use an electric mixer and try to run it for a couple minutes to get the mixture nice and fluffy.
- Pour the filling into an unbaked pie shell and pop in the oven.
- Start with a higher oven temp, then reduce the temperature to finish baking for the perfect consistency.
Since I include a little heavy cream with the traditional evaporated milk, it’s a nice and rich pie that’s filled with that delightful pumpkin pie spice.
Can I use store bought pie crust for my pumpkin pie?
When you make the pie, you can use either a store-bought pie crust dough, such as Pillsbury, or you can make your own pie crust.
With a flaky crust and a rich and perfectly spiced pumpkin pie filling, you’re sure to have success when the big dinner comes.
The filling recipe is the same filling that I use in my Pumpkin Magic Cake and Chocolate Pumpkin Magic Cake. It’s also the same filling for my Pumpkin Pie Bars so you know it’s been tested and approved. Award winning, even!
Don’t miss out on this delicious classic pie recipe!Print
Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This Pumpkin Pie recipe is filled with brown sugar and is the perfect consistency! Always a favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 9″ pie crust, unbaked
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your pie crust by rolling it out and putting it in a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the eggs. Once blended together add eggs one at a time. Beat for an additional 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes. Make sure the center of the pie is set and is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover and keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can use either store bought pie dough or make your own from scratch for this simple recipe.
*If you’re concerned that the pie crust will get soggy underneath, try pricking the pie dough with a fork several times in the pie pan, then bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F before filling with the pie filling.
- Serving Size: 8
Don’t forget to PIN the recipe to SAVE it!