These super easy Pumpkin Pie Bars have the classic flavors of pumpkin pie, with a cookie-like crust on bottom.
I’m head over heels in love with this super simple recipe! I took my two of my favorites and combined them into one delicious party-size dessert.
You know my amazing pumpkin pie recipe? Well, I pretty much use it for all my pumpkin cravings (like this and this) because it’s seriously the best. So it’s no wonder that I used it for the filling on these bars.
But the crust?? OMG!
I took the crust from these Pecan Pie Bars and used it for these Pumpkin Pie Bars… duh! Brilliant!
The crust is delightfully crumbly and almost like a shortbread cookie.
Suuuuuuper easy to make! Just toss all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until it’s coarse and crumbly. Or if you don’t have a food processor you can just cut in the butter with a fork or use your hands.
The best part is that this awesome recipe is made in a half sheet baking pan, so it serves a crowd! Perfect for bringing to parties and, well, I don’t know… Thanksgiving dinner?
If you don’t have a half sheet baking pan you can make it in a 9″ x 13″ cake pan, the crust and filling will just be a little thicker.
I brought this to a recent Church potluck and these bars were gone so fast! Everyone loved them!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Pie Bars
These Pumpkin Pie Bars are the perfect party-size dessert that everyone will love!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15 - 20 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the Crust:
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cold water
For the Filling:
- 2 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a half sheet baking pan (13″x18″x1″) with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and pulse several times until mixture resembles coarse sand. (see notes if you do not have a food processor). Pour into the baking sheet and press into an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the filling in a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. Pour over the crust and smooth into an even layer if needed. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set and no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into squares and top with whip cream if desired. Enjoy!
If you do not have a food processor, combine the ingredients for the crust in a large bowl and use a fork to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
*This recipe can be made in a 9″x13″ cake pan, but will need a few minutes longer cooking. Check center of cake pan for doneness.
Keywords: pumpkin, pie, bar cookies, whipping cream