These Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bars are made on a large rimmed baking sheet, which make them the perfect dessert to bake for a crowd this Fall!
The temperature is finally starting to come down, little by little. I’m getting eager to pull out my chunky scarfs and soft sweaters. Unfortunately, we probably still have a couple months before that will happen here in the desert. Which leads me to some exciting news! We’ve been looking for some property in the mountains to build ourselves a cabin, and I think we found that property yesterday!
It’s going to be a long process to build a cabin, but it’s something we are really looking forward to.
The property is at a higher elevation, which means it’s perfect for a cool summer escape or a cozy winter retreat. The property is over 31 acres, so it’s plenty big for us!
The only downside is that this property is so remote, that there is zero cell service, no electric, and no water. Truly off-grid.
It’s my husband’s dream, but I’m requiring some amenities so I can still get in the kitchen and bake up treats like these Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bars!
These bars are so good! The pumpkin portion is a moist and fluffy pumpkin cake. Then you whip up a quick chocolate cheesecake batter and plop a few dollops over the pumpkin cake batter.
Watch how easy these are to make!
Use a knife to swirl in the cheesecake and then top it with a generous portion of mini chocolate chips!
I loved these bars so much! They were light and fluffy, and filled with that glorious pumpkin spice that I’m craving this Fall!
This recipe makes a large baking sheet full, so we thought it would be fun to share these bars with our neighbors. We packaged them up and delivered them all around. Everyone loved them, and we made sure to keep plenty for ourselves too.
If you’re looking for your first (or next) pumpkin recipe to bake this fall, let this one be it! You won’t regret it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bars
For the Pumpkin Cake:
For the Chocolate Swirl:
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15"x10"x1" baking sheet with tin foil, so the foil comes up and over the edges, and lightly coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the 4 eggs, can of pumpkin puree and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
To make the Chocolate Swirl:
- Melt 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips in the microwave on 30 second bursts, until smooth. Beat the melted chocolate, cream cheese, sugar, egg and milk together until smooth.
- Drop dollops of the chocolate mixture all over the pumpkin cake and swirl into the cake with a knife. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips all over the cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into squares. Store in fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW