This Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe is a super quick and easy way to get that pumpkin fix without tearing up your entire kitchen!
Am I the only one who loves single serve desserts? Sometimes when the craving for something sweet hits I’m just not in the mood to bake a whole loaf of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Plus that takes quite a while… so this 3 minute Pumpkin Mug Cake is perfect!
I can not believe how fast this year flew by. I’m already talking Christmas presents with my kids and planning out our holiday parties. I feel like when you get older, time just flies by.
One of my favorite things to do to try and slow down time is to turn off my phone, whip up this pumpkin mug cake recipe, grab a blanket and go sit on my porch swing and watch the kids play outside.
Since I live in the desert I can still sit outside in November. When I lived in Canada I would sit by the window and watch the kids freeze while playing in the snow.
MUG CAKE RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- For this recipe I use some basic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger. If you have a pumpkin pie spice blend, feel free to substitute all the spices with 1 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice blend.
- Add in 2 tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips for an even sweeter experience.
- Top your mug cake with cool whip, whipped cream, ready whip, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
This cake is mixed right inside the mug it’s going to be “baked” in, making it a super easy and quick clean-up! When it’s microwaved the cake batter will rise up, nearly wanting to topple over, but once it’s pulled out of the microwave it settles back down into the cup.
For a dessert that’s ready in just 3 minutes, you really can’t beat this one!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a 12 oz mug.
- Stir in the milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Mix well, especially the bottom so there is no dry bits stuck at the bottom.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: