This is the BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Filled with warm pumpkin pie spice, sweet chocolate chips and loads of pumpkin, these soft cookies will melt your heart!
It’s officially pumpkin season and I’m leaning into it hard. I’m confident you’re going to fall in love with these warm, soft and tender pumpkin chocolate chip cookies just as much as me and my family.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start by sifting together your dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then fold in the chocolate chips to form a sticky cookie batter.
How To Bake Pumpkin Cookies:
- Once you’ve made your pumpkin cookie batter, you’ll line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. I like to use my handy cookie scoop to get about 2 tablespoons worth on the baking sheet.
- Top with extra chocolate chips to make them really pretty.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How To Store Pumpkin Cookies:
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fantastic treat to make during the fall months, but if you’re wanting to savor the flavors a little longer, here are a few ways to keep the cookies, both short and long term.
How To Freeze –
- To Freeze BEFORE they’ve baked: Scoop the cookie dough into balls and flash freeze in a single layer for at least 30 minutes.
- Place frozen dough balls in a zipclose bag and store in freezer for up to 5 months. Bake from frozen for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- To Freeze AFTER they’ve baked: Let the cookies cool completely, then lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to “flash freeze” them.
- Once flash frozen, you may stack them in an airtight container, separate each layer with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Freeze for up to 5 months! Let come to room temperature before enjoying.
*PRO TIP: Once you’ve defrosted the pumpkin cookie, pop it in the microwave for just 5 to 10 seconds to warm it up!
How To Make Ahead –
- While I think these cookies are BEST when they’re freshly baked and still slightly warm, you can also bake these ahead of time and enjoy later.
- Let the cookies cool to room temperature and then place cookies in a single layer in an air tight container, separate layers of cookies with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cookies will get softer after they’ve been stored this way. Enjoy within 5 days.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Tips and Variations:
- FRESH PUMPKIN – if you would like to use fresh pumpkin instead of canned, just make sure to strain as much liquid out of the pumpkin puree as possible, as it will hold more water than the canned version.
- Try swapping out the chocolate chips with walnuts, pecans, toffee bits or cinnamon chips for a fun twist.
- Swapping the vegetable oil with canola oil will also work for this recipe.
- If you’re not a fan of pumpkin pie spice, swap it out with ground cinnamon.
More Classic Pumpkin Recipes:
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and whisk until no more flour is present and batter is thick and sticky. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about 2 tbsps of batter onto the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (thicker cookies will take a little longer to bake than smaller ones).
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: