These Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are so easy to make, with a chewy peanut butter base and Hershey’s Kisses in the middle!
If you’ve ever had peanut butter blossom cookies, then you know that chocolate and peanut butter together are a match made in heaven!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
These easy Hershey kiss cookies are a fun holiday cookie that’s been a family favorite for years! These are so fun to make with little ones during the week or for a delicious weekend treat.
There is a super easy recipe for 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies, but some days you need a little bit (or a lot) of chocolate.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. As always, you can find the full printable recipe located in the recipe card below.
- Butter – salted, room temperature
- White Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter – creamy, room temperature
- Baking Soda
- Flour – all purpose
- Chocolate Kisses
How To Make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
These cookies are super quick and easy to make. No chilling is required for the dough!
CREAM BUTTER Add the butter, brown sugar, and white granulated sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. You really want to make sure the sugar dissolves into the butter.
ADD LIQUIDS Add in the egg and beat until the mixture is fluffy. Then add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
PRO TIP If you’re using a natural peanut butter that has lots of oil on the top, make sure you stir it until the peanut butter is smooth and creamy before adding it to the mixing bowl to prevent too much oil from being added to the dough.
ADD DRY INGREDIENTS Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix well until cookie dough forms and no flour pockets are left.
SCOOP DOUGH Using a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop or smaller, scoop dough into about 24 balls and roll in white granulated sugar. Place evenly on a baking sheet prepared with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
BAKE Transfer cookies to oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to overbake! Overbaking makes it more difficult to place the chocolate kisses in the middle without the cookies cracking a lot.
PLACE CHOCOLATE While the cookies are still hot out of the oven, carefully place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie and press gently into the cookie, about halfway in. Be careful not to touch the chocolate after you place them in the hot cookies or you’ll disturb the melty chocolate!
What Type Of Peanut Butter To Use?
For this recipe, I used regular creamy peanut butter. You can use more natural peanut butter, but keep in mind if the oil settles near the top of the jar, you’ll need to stir VERY well so that the oil is evenly mixed in and won’t add too much to the cookie dough.
You can also use crunchy peanut butter for added texture and yummy peanut bits in your cookies!
How To Store Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Once cooled, these cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze These Cookies?
You can freeze the cookie dough in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
I would not recommend freezing the cooled baked cookies due to the chocolate. When thawed, the cookies could make condensation which could make the chocolate texture grainy.
- Use chunky peanut butter for added texture and crunch.
- Try using different flavors of kisses! Striped, fudge-filled, or dark chocolate would all be delicious.
- You can also use a caramel-filled chocolate like a Rolo!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Need more cookies that are easy to make? I have you covered! Here are a few for you to try…
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe
- Easy Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe
I can’t wait for you to give these little cookies a try! I know you’re going to love them as much as we do.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. prior to baking.
- Combine the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat until the sugar is dissolved into the butter, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add in the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix well until cookie dough is formed and no flour pockets are left.
- Using a 1½ Tablespoon scoop, scoop about 24 balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven then gently press a Hershey kiss into the center of each warm cookie immediately.
- Cool before serving, or serve immediately for melty chocolate centers.