This super easy Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe is filled with brown sugar, molasses and spices for a tender, melt in your mouth cookie.
There is not a cookie that reminds me more of the holidays than these deliciously soft and chewy Gingerdoodle cookies.
What is a Gingerdoodle Cookie?
- Gingerdoodles are a combination of a gingerbread cookie and snickerdoodle cookie.
- This cookie is soft and chewy with warm spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Before being baked the cookie dough is rolled in sugar to give it that snickerdoodle taste.
The cookie dough comes together in minutes and is super easy to work with.
Soft Molasses Ginger Cookies:
- When making the cookie dough, make sure to sift the dry ingredients before adding to the wet ingredients. This will help with the consistency of cookies.
- Do not over mix the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookies in granulated sugar and place about 2 inches apart on a silicone lined baking sheet (you can also use parchment paper).
- No need to flatten the cookies and they spread and crackle nicely on their own.
I rolled these cookies into tablespoon size balls, so they’re a little on the smaller side.
If you want bigger cookies, you can do that too, just make sure to bake them a minute or so longer.
How to Store Gingerdoodle Cookies:
- When freshly baked, these cookies have a lightly crisp outer coating thanks to being rolled in sugar, with a super soft and chewy inside.
- I found that when I store these in an airtight container the crisp outside fades away and you’re left with a soft and chewy cookie.
- These cookies are also freezable, making them great for the holidays!
You’re going to fall in love with these delicious little cookies, just like we have!
Check out all of my Christmas Cookies HERE!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Easy Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and molasses and beat until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined (do not over mix!).
- Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and roll in the granulated sugar.
- Space the cookie dough at least 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
My husband loved these. So flavorful and soft inside. Delicious!!!
They are delicious! They came out perfect, soft and chewy, my family loved them! Thank you! Definitely a keeper!
Super easy is right! I made these for my husband who loves the gingerbread flavor in a cookie. My whole family ended up loving them! They ended up a little flat but they were delicious! Thank you for sharing this delicious cookies recipe!
Yay!! These are one of my favorite cookies! Glad you loved it!
This looks like one delicious recipe–love all the spices !! Will be making these for Christmas gifts & also for me to eat. I have been looking at all the recipes you’ve posted over the years, I’ve found many I’ve made or will make.
Oh my deliciousness!
Ginger AND cinnamon. That’s like catnip for people.
What’s not to like?
This is surely a save me recipe.
I wash you dry, did you know you can put an icon link to Justapinch.com and save recipes in a personal recipe box?
Just install this link for Just a Pinch Recipe Box Plugin™
I feel the same way! These cookies are delicious and easy!