This No Roll Sugar Cookie Recipe also needs NO chill time and results in buttery soft cookies that melt in your mouth!
They’re quick to make and totally customizable to whatever holiday or special occasion you’re celebrating.
No Roll Sugar Cookies:
- Start by combining the dry ingredients in one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine the sugars with butter and butter flavored crisco in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract and then gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
Form the cookie dough into balls and roll them in sugar, then use the bottom of a glass to press them into flat discs.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
- These sugar cookies are different than your typical cookie, because they do not brown when baked.
- You’ll bake them just until they’re set in the middle and then take them out to cool.
- If you let them cook too long they’ll end up crumbly and brittle.
- All you need is about 10 to 12 minutes of baking, then let them cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies are cooled you can top them with a nice and fluffy buttercream frosting and who could forget the sprinkles!?
Don’t forget to check out all of my other Christmas Cookie Recipes!
Customized No Roll Sugar Cookies:
- Add a touch of food coloring to the buttercream frosting to match whatever you’re celebrating!
- Use colorful sprinkles to coordinate with the holiday or event.
- Switch out the extract flavors to your desired taste – try peppermint, lemon, strawberry… the options are endless!
These cookies will make the perfect addition to your Christmas cookie platter!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
No Roll Sugar Cookie Recipe
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup butter and 1 cup butter flavored shortening and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp size balls and roll in granulated sugar to coat. Use a flat bottomed glass, dipped in granulated sugar to press down each cookie ball to about 1/2 inch thickness. Make sure cookies are about 2 inches apart when baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, just until the center of the cookies are set. The cookies will not brown, so do not over cook them! Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, salt and extracts and mix until combined, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the heavy cream, beating until your desired consistency is reached.
- Frost the cooled cookies and top with sprinkles if desired. Store in an air tight container at room temperature or longer in the fridge or freezer.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: