Get ready to be blown away by this Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe! These simple cake mix cookies are just 5 basic ingredients and so fun to make!
Don’t let the thought of making cookies for your neighbors, friends, kids, family… yourself… bring you down. With this super easy cake mix cookie recipe you’ll be singing carols and dancing around the kitchen!
Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe
Not only are these Christmas cookies super easy to make, but they’re also soft, chewy and taste like a dream!
Ingredients For Cake Mix Cookies
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. As always, you can find the full list along with a printable version in the recipe card below.
- White Cake Mix – you can use vanilla or any other flavor you like!
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkles – I recommend using a cake sprinkle so the colors don’t bleed into the cookie dough.
How To Make Cookies with Cake Mix
These easy cookies are so fun to make, we actually make them all year long with all sorts of flavor options. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies are one of our favorites!
- Start by combining the cake mix powder (just the powder) in a large bowl along with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Use a sturdy spoon to mix until it becomes a soft dough. If desired, stir in a few sprinkles!
- Next, scoop out about 1 tbsp of dough and roll it around in a small bowl of sprinkles to coat completely.
- Finally, bake the cookies for just 9 to 10 minutes and let cool completely.
My kids love helping me coat the cookie dough in sprinkles!
You can use any color of sprinkles you like. How cute are these red, green and white sprinkles for Christmas?!
Tips and Variations for Cake Mix Cookies
The possibilities are ENDLESS when it comes to cake mix cookies. Since they’re so easy to make, you can make a whole platter of different cookies in no time!
Here are a few variations you can try, along with one of my favorite time-saving tips and tools…
- Lemon Cake Mix with White Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Cake Mix with Peppermint Chips
- Red Velvet Cake Mix with Crushed Up Oreos
- Chocolate Cake Mix with Mini M&Ms
- Strawberry Cake Mix with colorful sprinkles
- Funfetti Cake Mix with rainbow sprinkles
PRO TIP: When it comes time to scoop the cookie dough, I like to use my handy cookie scoop. It keeps my hands clean and makes scooping cookies a breeze.
I also love to use a silicone baking mat for easy, non-sticking of cookies!
Is It Better To Freeze Cookies Before or After Baking?
Wanting to get a head start on baking this year? Good news! This Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe can easily be prepped ahead of time and frozen to free up your holiday season.
Freezing Cookie Dough
Freezing cookie dough will last for 3 to 4 months.
- The easiest way to freeze these drop cookies is to shape the cookie dough into balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Pop the tray in the freezer and let the cookie dough freeze for about an hour before placing the cookie dough balls into a zip close bag and squeezing out as much air as possible.
- When you’re ready to bake, place the frozen cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and bake right away! Don’t forget to add a few minutes to the bake time.
Freezing Cookies After Baking
Let the baked cookies cool completely and then freeze for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Make sure you let the baked cookies cool completely before placing in a zip close bag and squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Use a sharpie marker to label the cookies so you know when you put them in the fridge for max freshness!
- When ready to enjoy just pull them out of the freezer, place them on a plate and let them come to room temperature!
I really love how soft and chewy these cake mix cookies are. The coating of sprinkles gives it a nice crunch of texture to the outside too.
It’s a party in your mouth!
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes To Try
Wanting to add a few more festive treats to your baking list this year? No problem! I’ve got you covered with these tasty recipes…
I can’t wait for you to give this easy recipe a try!
Easy Christmas Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the cake mix powder, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a sturdy wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. If desired, stir in ¼ cup sprinkles.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball, then roll in sprinkles until coated. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until set and then let cool for 2 to 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: