These 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are so simple and quick to make. No flour and no chilling, resulting in a chewy, dense inside with a crisp cookie outside.
I can’t believe I haven’t shared this super simple Peanut Butter Cookie recipe with you sooner! I used to make these ALL. THE. TIME. when I was younger, and now that my kids are home 24/7, I’ve revisited them as a quick treat to make when times are tough. It’s definitely a highlight of my day.
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients:
Like I mentioned before, this recipe doesn’t need any flour. In fact, you only need 5 simple ingredients.
- Peanut Butter – it’s best to use a processed peanut butter like Jiff or Skippy. Smooth peanut butter creates the best texture, but you can also use chunky if desired.
- Sugar – regular, white granulated sugar
- Vanilla Extract
PRO TIP – if you’re using a natural peanut butter that has lots of oil on the top, make sure you stir, stir, stir until the peanut butter is smooth and creamy before adding it to the mixing bowl.
How To Make Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
It really doesn’t get much easier than this recipe.
- Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together with a sturdy spoon.
- Scoop cookie dough out into 1 1/2 tbsp size balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use the tines of a fork to make lines on the top and then rotate the fork 90 degrees and make another set of lines, creating a hashtag look.
- Bake for just 12 minutes and let the cookies rest for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Why Put Fork Marks In Peanut Butter Cookies?
That’s a great question! Not only does it make the cookies look adorable, it actually serves a purpose in the baking of the cookies. Peanut butter makes the cookie dough more dense, which makes it more difficult for the cookies to spread when baking. Pressing down the cookie dough with a fork helps to flatten the cookies, ensuring that they’ll be cooked all the way through.
Why Are My Peanut Butter Cookies Crumbly?
If you find that your cookies are crumbly when baked, it’s most likely due to over-working your dough. To prevent this, just mix your peanut butter cookie dough until it comes together then scoop, press and bake.
PRO TIP: Use a cookie scoop to make even size cookie balls. This is the cookie scoop I use.
These cookies will puff up slightly when they bake, then fall back down when cooling. They should be a dense and chewy cookie on the inside with a slightly crisp outside.
For just 5 ingredients, you really can’t beat these homemade cookies!
More Easy Cookie Recipes To Try:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Balls
- Super Easy Gingerdoodles
- 4 Ingredient Pecan Balls
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a sturdy spoon, just until the dough forms.
- Scoop the dough into 1 ½ inch dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Use the tines of a fork to gently press the cookies down, then rotate the fork 90 degrees and press down again, creating a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then let cookies cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Keep cookies stored in an air tight container to retain best texture.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW