These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies have a secret ingredient, in addition to the pudding mix, that makes them extra chewy and delicious!
This past weekend I attended a food blogging conference in Portland. While I was in the city, I enjoyed insane amounts of delicious food, but what really captivated me was learning so much at this small conference.
One of the major talking points that I took away from it, was that I needed to remember what it is about blogging that I love so much.
Well… I love to cook. I love to take pictures. But most of all, I love to share. Not just recipes, but I also love to share little glimpses into my crazy, beautiful life.
I’m sure there are a handful of you out there that don’t really care to hear about my random encounter with the dentist, or how I went all “crazy soccer mom” over the weekend, but maybe there are some of you that are interested?
I might not always have a good story to tell, and obviously if you’re not interested, you can always just skip down to the bottom of the posts to find the recipe, but at least this way I can get back to what I love. And with that, I’ll be happier and hopefully you’ll have a little something funny to read too. 🙂
In the meanwhile, we will all have these delicious and chewy Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies to munch on.
And that’s a win in my book.
I’m sure you’ve heard of pudding cookies before. If not, they’re a basic chocolate chip cookie that’s been infused with pudding mix, which makes them extra chewy and delicious.
Well, my sister in law has an even better recipe for pudding cookies that includes a secret, special ingredient.
Just a little bit of custard powder turns this cookie into an extra rich and totally delicious cookie.
I’m talking, three days later and your cookies are still soft and chewy.
In fact, my brother in law states that these cookies are best the next day. But I don’t know… I’m always fond of a warm cookie right out of the oven.
The trick is to not over cook them. My sister in law says they need to still be pretty pale on top with a light golden brown bottom.
These cookies are thick and irresistible. Best served with a glass of milk, in my opinion. 😉
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 french vanilla instant pudding, 3.4oz package
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp custard powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, vanilla pudding mix, salt, baking soda and custard powder. Whisk to combine. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl until fully combined. The cookie dough should be pretty stiff.
- Use a sturdy wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips. Form cookie dough into 2 tablespoon size balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, do not over bake. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Bottoms of cookie should be golden brown and tops will not be golden brown at all. Enjoy!
Other Recipes that Use Custard Powder: