Reeses Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are filled with peanut butter, oats and are light and buttery too!
The summer is off to a swinging start! I’ve been super busy with a quick trip to Minneapolis to kick off a new partnership with Land O’ Lakes butter. I spent a day on a farm, milking a cow and chasing chickens… seriously so fun! I can’t wait to share more about this partnership later this year, but for now, let’s talk cookies!!
I actually made this cookie recipe over 7 years ago (back in 2010) when I first started my blog.
The pictures were not so great, but the cookies were amazing, so I decided to retake the photos and give this post a facelift!
If you’re a fan of peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies, I basically took the best of both and combined them into one tender cookie! No raisins in these bad boys.
Just loads of butter, peanut butter and just the right amount of oats to still allow these cookies to be tender and lightly crisp around the edges!
Here are some fun options when making these cookies:
- Swap out Reeses candy pieces for chocolate chips
- Skip the peanut butter and add in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries
- Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans or peanuts
- Swap out the peanut butter with Nutella for a chocolate twist!
How could you not fall in love with these cookies?!
These Reeses Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies should definitely be on your must make baking list this summer!
Find more delicious cookie recipes here: Cookie Recipes
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 sticks butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups oats
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and peanut butter until combined. Add the sugar and brown sugar, mix till light and fluffy. Incorporate the eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients slowly to mixer until combined. Fold in Reese’s Pieces.
- Place dough in fridge for one hour. Roll dough into the size of a small golf ball. Press down slightly on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on wire cookie rack. Store in airtight container on countertop, enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: