This Super Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe is filled with simple pantry spices and is my go-to blend for all Mexican inspired dishes!
It’s the worst, right?!
Have no fear, because this simple and easy blend of spices is PERFECT for using in place of that pre-made blend at the store, plus it’s fresh and way cheaper too!
You probably already have all the spices in your pantry right now to whip up this super easy Mexican blend!
What’s In Homemade Taco Seasoning Spices:
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
The coolest thing about this recipe is that I’ll give you the measurements for a single batch of taco seasoning (used to make 1 pound of taco meat), but it’s also super easy to double, triple (or more) the recipe so you’re always prepared for when you need taco seasoning.
PRO TIP: Keep unused taco seasoning in a sealed mason jar or air tight container for up to 3 months.
How To Make Homemade Taco Meat
- My favorite way to make taco meat is by browning 1 pound of ground beef with 1/2 of an onion that’s been diced.
- Drain the fat off and then add in 2 1/2 tablespoons of my homemade taco seasoning along with 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir it all together, letting the water moisten the meat and reduce.
It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Different Ways To Use Taco Seasoning
Not only is this gluten free taco seasoning perfect with ground beef, you can also use it with chicken, pork and in soups too! Here are a few of my favorite recipes that utilize taco seasoning.
Keep this recipe handy for whenever you need that infamous taco seasoning!
Helpful Products to Make This Recipe:
Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and keep in an air tight container in a cool dry place until ready to use.
To Make Taco Meat:
- Brown 1 pound ground beef with 1/2 of a white onion, diced until crumbled and no long pink. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top. Add in 2 1/2 tbsp of seasoning mix (one recipe) along with 1/4 cup of water. Stir until combined and water has reduced.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!