These super simple Cheesy Taco Sticks are buttery breadsticks filled with taco meat and lots of cheese! Perfect for snacking or watching the big game!
Ever since I made those crazy delicious Cheesy Pizza Sticks, I’ve been dreaming up new flavors to stick inside some pizza dough to make another delicious snack time recipe.
These Cheesy Taco Sticks were the brain child and I’m happy to report – so so good!
I think what I love the most about these taco sticks is that I can use leftover taco meat from our taco dinners.
We always seem to have just enough taco meat leftover and using it in these cheesy breadsticks is the perfect way to repurpose it!
I went ahead and cut the cheese sticks in half for this recipe because I couldn’t seem to fit all of the cheese inside without it oozing out all over. I found that half a stick was a perfect balance of meat, cheese and bread.
I am pretty sure I could survive off of just meat, cheese and bread. Who’s with me?!
I did have a little bit of cheese ooze out on some of the sticks, but there was still plenty of cheesy goodness on the inside to make me weak in the knees.
The cheesy sticks are perfect with a little salsa, sour cream and maybe a few slices of jalapeño.
I wanted to stick some jalapeño inside, but I was worried my kids wouldn’t like the spiciness of it. Next time I make these I am going to make a batch with the jalapeños in it just for me!
Oh yeah, come to mama!
Who’s ready for this reinvented taco night?!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Cheesy Taco Sticks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up with a wooden spoon until fully browned and crumbled. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top. Mix in the taco seasoning packet (but no water), and stir until fully coated. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.*
- Spread the pizza dough out until it's flat and cut in half lengthwise and then 4 cuts up and down, creating a total of 10 small rectangles. Place about a tablespoon or more of the taco meat in the center of each pizza dough, top with a halved cheese stick and then carefully roll up the pizza stick, making sure to pinch all seams closed.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder and parsley in a small bowl and brush it on the tops of the cheesy taco sticks. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve hot with your favorite taco toppings!