These Super Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas are filled with seasoned ground beef and loads of cheese then topped with all your favorite taco toppings!
I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the search for new ground beef recipes. Then it hit me, I’ve never shared my ground beef enchiladas with you guys before! That had to be corrected immediately.
Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe
This super easy dinner recipe is pieced together with seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese and enchilada sauce. So simple, yet seriously so delicious!
I used my Homemade Taco Seasoning to make my seasoned ground beef mixture along with a little diced onion. It’s perfect in these enchiladas, burritos or tacos!
PRO TIP: Try my Ground Beef Taco mixture inside the filling, it has an extra ingredient that really takes it to the next level.
Tips for Making Ground Beef Enchiladas:
- Enchilada Sauce? NEVER put the enchilada sauce on the INSIDE of the tortillas. You’ll be sauce overloaded.
- Flour or Corn tortillas? My absolute favorite is to use a corn and flour blend tortilla, but sometimes they are hard to find. Flour tortillas will make for a more softer enchilada, while corn can hold it’s own in the sauce. It’s really up to your taste preference… for these I went with flour.
- Can you freeze enchiladas? YES! You can definitely prepare these enchiladas and then freeze before baking. Perfect for making ahead of time!
I had some extra ground beef after I filled all the enchiladas so I sprinkled it over the top of the rolled enchiladas, then topped with my homemade enchilada sauce.
What Kind of Enchilada Sauce Should I Use?
If you haven’t made my 10 minute Homemade Enchilada Sauce, now is the time! You’ll be hooked and it’s so easy to make!
You can also use store bought red enchilada sauce if you’re in a pinch.
Or, mix things up with my Homemade Green Enchilada Sauce for a zippy lime flavor!
Top the ground beef enchiladas with a generous amount of shredded cheese and then pop in the oven until bubbly throughout!
PRO TIP: Shred your own cheese for an ideal melty finish. Store bought shredded cheese tends to have flour in it, which can create a less than ideal result.
The greatest thing about these enchiladas is that the cook time isn’t too long!
Start to finish, you can get this on the table in less than 1 hour! And that’s not bad for homemade beef enchiladas!
What To Serve with Enchiladas?
Here are some more great Mexican side dish options to try…
More Easy Enchilada Recipes To Try
Craving more of that saucy, cheesy goodness? I’ve got you covered with these super simple recipes!
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet – a 20 minute dinner!
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas – a 15 minute dinner!
I know you’re going to love these super easy ground beef enchiladas!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until beef is crumbled and no longer pink. Drain any fat and return skillet to oven. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and water. Stir until combined and the water absorbs into the ground beef. Remove from heat.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13" casserole dish to evenly coat the bottom.
- Add 1/3 cup of the ground beef mixture in a straight line to the center of each tortilla. Add about 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and roll up tightly. Lay seam side down in the casserole dish. Repeat until the casserole dish is filled with the rolled enchiladas. If you have any remaining ground beef, sprinkle it over the top of the rolled enchiladas.
- Spread the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas, making sure to coat each tortilla. Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over the top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is bubbly.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: