Can we talk about black beans for a moment? We all need a good black bean recipe up our sleeve and this right here is The Best Black Beans recipe you’ve ever tasted!
… well, not literally “up your sleeve,” that would be kind of messy and gross.
They’re simple to make… hello can o’ black beans!
They taste phenomenal with just a touch of spice and garlic. The best part is that they’re ready to enjoy in just about 10 minutes!
Your Mexican entree is now complete thanks to this awesome side dish.
You obviously don’t have to drown them in chopped cilantro like I did, but you certainly can if you want. I’m not here to stand in your way. Cilantro is my friend. It’s also one of those ingredients that I am constantly thinking I am out of when I am at the grocery store. Yesterday I looked in my fridge and found 3 bunches of cilantro… hmm…
Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this!!(??)
Definitely give this simple and easy recipe a try for your next Taco Tuesday or pair it with some of my favorite Mexican dishes. You’re going to love it!
The Best Black Beans
- 1 black beans, 15oz can
- 1 green chiles, 4oz can, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Combine the black beans (do not drain them), green chiles, onion, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a small pot over medium heat. Stir and bring to a gentle boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your preference. Just before serving stir in the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!