Elote Mexican Grilled Corn is sweet corn that’s grilled and smothered in a creamy sauce and cheese. Once you try it you’ll never go back to regular corn again!
Elote Mexican Grilled Corn is my new favorite way to eat sweet summer corn. Just a fair warning – it’s highly addictive!
In the past few weeks I have eaten Mexican Grilled Corn, also known as elote, more than 10 times.
Elote Mexican Grilled Corn Recipe
I’m a tad obsessed.
I don’t know why I haven’t introduced this corn into my life sooner.
When I finally made it for my family, my husband casually says, “Oh, elote! Sweet, I used to eat this stuff daily when I lived in Guatemala.”
I feel it grounds for divorce that he has not shared this deliciousness with me sooner. How dare he. Lucky for him, my fingers were covered in cheese and chili powder, so I couldn’t use my phone to google divorce lawyers immediately.
I’m pretty sure I can never eat a naked piece of corn on the cob again.
It would almost feel like a waste to just eat it with butter and salt from now on.
Once you have had it smeared with a mayo/sour cream mixture, riddled with parmesan cheese, and generously sprinkled with chili powder, salt and cilantro… there is no going back.
Trust me… I don’t want to go back.
And I suppose I’ll keep my husband too. He’s good for things like killing spiders and mowing the lawn.
If you love this corn, wait till you try my Mexican Corn Dip too!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Elote – Mexican Grilled Corn
- Heat grill over medium heat and spray rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill corn, turning frequently (so they don't burn), until the corn is slightly browned and heated through. (about 8-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile combine the mayo and sour cream in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In another small bowl combine the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Slather the hot grilled corn with mayo/sour cream mixture (I use a pastry brush to brush it on), then sprinkle with the chili powder mixture. Coat in the parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a lime wedge (use the lime to squirt lime juice all over the cobs).
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW