If you love the flavors of the classic Mexican Street Corn (Elote), then you’re really going to love this Mexican Street Corn Dip!
You guys!! This dip is so delicious!
It’s creamy, cheesy and full of plump California Avocados and pan roasted corn!
If you’re looking for am amazing dip to serve at your next bbq, you just found it.
So this past week has been super crazy for me.
I flew to Pennsylvania to be on the popular network – QVC. I won’t go into too much details about it just yet, because I could probably talk for an eternity about the whole process… but I will tell you that it was one of the neatest experiences I have ever been a part of.
I’ll write down everything and share all the details with you very very soon. Exciting stuff!!
I had made a batch of this Mexican Street Corn Dip to take with me, but we ate it all before it even got to the party.
It’s full of great flavors and the bits of avocado in it make it extra creamy and delicious.
We devoured it with corn tortilla chips, but you know what would be amazing?
Put some of this deliciousness inside of a cheese quesadilla! Oh man.. off to make this again!
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 medium ears corn, shucked & cleaned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cotija cheese, crumbled (or shredded parmesan cheese)
- 1 large California Avocado, diced
- Juice of one lime
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs and discard the cobs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted toss in the corn kernels and garlic, stirring occasionally until the corn has charred slightly. (about 4 minutes).
- Remove the corn from the heat and place in a bowl. Stir in the mayo, sour cream, chili powder and cilantro. Add the cotija cheese and avocado and gently stir to combine.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and serve warm with corn chips. Enjoy!
Disclaimer – This post is in partnership with California Avocado Commission. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible.