This Creamy Corn Salad Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that’s filled with crisp corn kernels that pop in a creamy sauce; perfect for summer potlucks and bbq’s!
Creamy Corn Salad Recipe
This is not your average corn salad recipe. It’s cool and creamy with the perfect pop of fresh corn in each bite. I brought this super simple corn salad to a potluck the other day and it was gone in minutes!
Ingredients Needed for Cold Corn Salad:
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this simple corn salad recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Frozen Corn Kernels – you can use frozen corn kernels any time of the year, but if corn is in season, try using fresh corn cut straight from the cob.
- Red Bell Pepper – any color, but red is my favorite because it’s a little more sweet.
- Purple Onion – adds great flavor, but you can substitute green onion for a more mild flavor.
- Jalapeno – gives the salad just a little bit of heat, feel free to leave out if desired.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – you can with substitute sour cream if you prefer.
- Mayo – gives the salad that great creamy texture.
- Cilantro – one of my favorite fresh herbs! You can leave it out if you’re not a fan.
How To Make Creamy Corn Salad
All you really need to do is toss all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
Keep the corn salad covered and chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving.
PRO TIP: If you would like to use fresh corn, simply boil the corn cobs for about 3 minutes, remove and let cool slightly. Then carefully remove the kernels. You should need about 5 to 6 ears of corn (about 6 cups of kernels)
Can I Make Ahead?
Yes! You can make this super easy corn salad ahead of time, but it’s best when served within a day.
If you’re needing to make it more in advance than that, just don’t mix the dressing ingredients into the corn mixture until you’re about to serve it.
What To Serve With Corn Salad?
This super easy side dish tastes great with anything grilled. The fresh flavors of corn, peppers and jalapeño really bring out the smoky flavors of bbq. Here are some of my favorite main dishes that would pair perfectly with this salad.
- Grilled Steaks (with the best marinade)
- Baby Back Ribs
- Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken
- Grilled Pork Chops
More Corn Recipes To Try
We’re super fans of corn in this house! It’s always so affordable in the summer months and my kids go crazy for it. Here are a few more of our favorite ways to use it!
- Creamy Mexican Corn Salad
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Easy Corn Pudding Casserole
- Mexican Grilled Corn (Elote)
You’re going to love the flavors in this cool and creamy side dish!
Creamy Corn Salad Recipe
- Combine the corn, red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayo, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Gently stir into the corn mixture. Add in the chopped cilantro and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: