This Creamy Corn Salad Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that’s filled with crisp corn kernels that pop in a creamy sauce; perfect for summer potlucks and bbq’s!
Creamy Corn Salad Ingredients:
- Frozen Corn Kernels – you can use frozen corn kernels any time of the year, but if corn is in season, try using fresh corn cut straight from the cob.
- Red Bell Pepper – you can use any color, but red is my favorite because it’s a little more sweet.
- Purple Onion – adds great flavor, but you can substitute green onion for a more mild flavor.
- Jalapeno – gives the salad just a little bit of heat, feel free to leave out if desired.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – you can with substitute sour cream if you prefer.
- Mayo – gives the salad that great creamy texture.
- Cilantro – one of my favorite fresh herbs! You can leave it out if you’re not a fan.
Can I Make Corn Salad Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can make this super easy corn salad ahead of time, but it’s best when served within a day.
If you’re needing to make it more in advance than that, just don’t mix the dressing ingredients into the corn mixture until you’re about to serve it.
What To Serve With Corn Salad?
This super easy side dish tastes great with anything grilled. The fresh flavors of corn, peppers and jalapeño really bring out the smoky flavors of bbq. Here are some of my favorite main dishes that would pair perfectly with this salad.
- Grilled Steaks (with the best marinade)
- Baby Back Ribs
- Grilled Honey Dijon Chicken
- Grilled Pork Chops
You’re going to love the flavors in this cool and creamy side dish!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Creamy Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs. Frozen corn, thawed under cool running water
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced purple onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Combine the corn, red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayo, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Gently stir into the corn mixture. Add in the chopped cilantro and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: