This Creamy Mexican Corn Salad Recipe is filled with grilled corn in a creamy sauce then topped with Cotija cheese and chili powder.
It’s the middle of summer and corn is at it’s peak production. You can typically purchase corn on the cob for less than a quarter an ear, making it the perfect summer side dish. This delicious and creamy corn salad recipe was inspired by my Mexican Grilled Corn. It’s all the deliciousness of the classic Mexican street food, without getting corn stuck in your teeth and cheese all over your face.
Creamy Mexican Corn Salad Recipe
- Start by grilling your corn over medium-high heat until it’s lightly charred.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels away from the cob and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix together some mayo and sour cream in a bowl and stir into the corn.
- Season the corn salad with chili powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and cotija cheese.
How To Remove Corn Kernels from Cob
It can be a little tricky to remove the corn kernels from the cob without them flying all over the place. Here are a few of my best tips to get great success every time.
- Lay a clean dish town on the counter, over your cutting board.
- Place the corn cob on top of the towel with the thicker part of the cob at the bottom.
- Hold the top of the cob with a firm grip and use a sharp knife to carefully cut from the top to the bottom, as close to the base of the cob as possible.
- The towel will prevent the corn kernels from hitting the cutting board and bouncing away.
- Lift up the towel at all corners and empty the kernels into your bowl.
Can I Use Canned or Frozen Corn?
Yes! You can definitely replace the fresh corn with either canned or frozen.
If using canned corn, make sure to drain well before mixing with the dressing. If using frozen corn, run the corn under cool water to defrost and then drain well.
What To Serve with Corn Salad
You can pair this creamy Mexican Corn Salad recipe with just about anything, but here are a few of my favorites.
More Easy Corn Recipes:
Helpful Products To Make Recipe
Creamy Mexican Corn Salad
- Grill corn over high heat until lightly charred. Use a sharp knife to cut corn kernels away from cob. Place corn kernels in large bowl.
- Mix together mayo and sour cream and stir into corn.
- Season with chili powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and cotija cheese then stir to combine. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: