I’m a total sucker for cheesy dips. But when they’re easily prepared in the crock pot like this Slow Cooker Corn and Jalapeño Dip, well… that makes my heart go pitter patter.
Would it be a crime if I told you that I didn’t watch the Super Bowl last night?
We just moved into our new house and we have not set up the TV with cable yet. I did, however, make sure that we have Netflix up and running because I am currently obsessed with the show Scandal, and am watching it nonstop. I even got myself a piping hot bowl of this here corn dip and chowed down on it while watching my show.
This is a super easy dip to throw together. Just toss all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it go! It’s full of corn, black beans and diced jalapeños. I used one of those small cans of diced jalapeños that’s similar to the cans of diced green chiles. So if you’re not into spicy dips, just substitute the jalapeños for the chilies and you’ll be good.
I think this cheesy dip would be great on top of some grilled chicken breasts too!
So no matter what the occasion is, this dip will work perfectly!
Slow Cooker Corn and Jalapeño Dip
- 2 15.25oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz can diced jalapeños, or substitute with 4oz can diced green chiles for a milder version
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream cheese and green onions in the bowl of your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with the cubes of cream cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Stir the dip and increase the temperature to HIGH for 15 minutes. Stir again and top with the diced green onions. Serve warm with corn chips or over grilled chicken.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW