This super easy Key Lime No-Bake Cheesecake has a perfectly smooth and creamy cheesecake filling with a crisp graham cracker crust.
Key Lime No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Start by combining crushed graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and a little bit of sugar.
- Press the crumbs into a springform pan and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
- Meanwhile beat together the cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, lime zest and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into the crust and refrigerate until firm.
No-Bake Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
In order to achieve that perfectly smooth and creamy filling, you’ll want to use quality ingredients and make sure to follow the directions when it calls for ROOM TEMPERATURE or COLD ingredients.
- Cream Cheese – make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to help ensure no clumping in your cheesecake.
- Sugar – beat in the sugar until it’s no longer granulated and fully incorporated into the cream cheese.
- Key Lime Juice – you can also use a combination of fresh lemon and lime juice if you can’t get ahold of key limes.
- Lime Zest – adding this directly to the cheesecake filling gives it a burst of flavor.
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Whipping Cream – the key to making your cheesecake filling light and fluffy is beating until you achieve stiff peaks.
Can You Freeze No-Bake Cheesecake?
YES! Once your cheesecake has properly set up in the fridge, you can definitely freeze to enjoy at a later time. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and wrap in a sheet of plastic wrap and a layer of tinfoil to prevent freezer burn. You can freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months.
To thaw, place in fridge until defrosted.
PRO TIP – Do not attempt to place the cheesecake in the freezer to help quicken the chilling time of the cheesecake. You’ll lose the fluffy and creamy consistency of the cheesecake. Instead, give the cheesecake at least 5 to 6 hours of chill time in the fridge (preferably overnight) to set up before wrapping and freezing.
Key Lime and Flavor Variations
If you’re not into the flavor of key lime, you can easily adapt this no-bake cheesecake recipe to a multitude of flavors by swapping out the key lime juice and zest for these variations.
- Create your own key lime juice by using 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime juice
- Use orange juice and orange zest for an orange creamsicle flavor
- Swap out the key lime juice for sour cream and a squeeze of lemon juice for a traditional no-bake cheesecake
More Key Lime Recipes:
More No-Bake Cheesecake Recipes:
You’re going to LOVE this super easy and delicious Key Lime No-Bake Cheesecake.
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Key Lime No-Bake Cheesecake
This cool and creamy Key Lime No-Bake Cheesecake is perfectly sweet and tart with a crisp graham cracker crust.
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together and press firmly into the bottom of an 8″ or 9″ springform pan and about 1″ up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in sugar, key lime juice, lime zest and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and beat on low speed until incorporated, then beat on high speed until thickened and fluffy with stiff peaks.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into the prepared pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or until firm. Slice and serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
If you can’t find Key Limes, you can use half lemon juice and half lime juice.
Keywords: Key Lime, Cheesecake, No Bake, Dessert, Creamy
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: