These Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars are filled with a silky smooth key lime cheesecake and a buttery delicious crust that will blow you away!
Remember how last month was my husband’s birthday?
Well, our birthdays are exactly 4 weeks apart, and in accordance with our long standing tradition – it’s my choice for dinner tomorrow night! Here’s the best part – I don’t have to make it!
I’m passing the kitchen reigns over to my husband for the day and I’ve assigned him these Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars to make for my special dessert.
Let’s just say he’s not the most talented man in the kitchen, but I’m confident he can make these beautiful bars because they are just so simple!
One of my favorite parts is the flakey and buttery Pillsbury crescent crust. It’s different than a typical Key Lime Pie because there is no graham cracker crust, but trust me, you won’t miss it in this sweet and tangy dessert.
Let’s talk about the Key Lime Pie Cheesecake filling…
First of all, Key Lime Pie.
Second of all, Cheesecake.
Can I get a’ Amen!?
Seriously sheeples, these bars are incredible. They’re bright, rich, creamy, cheery and the PERFECT treat to celebrate any occasion (birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, etc.).
I know you’re going to LOVE this super simple key lime cheesecake!
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Bars are an easy dessert that is both tangy and sweet!
- Prep Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 oz (half 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 egg yolk
- About 1 cup whipped cream topping (from aerosol can), if desired
- Additional grated lime peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over 2 sides of pan; spray foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; separate into 2 short rectangles. Place 1 rectangle in bottom of pan; press to cover bottom, pressing seams to seal. Press seams to seal on other short rectangle of dough. Cut into 4 (2-inch-wide) strips. Press strips around edges of pan, pinching seams to seal between bottom dough and side dough. Use fork to gently pierce dough all over. Bake 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon lime peel and the salt with whisk until well combined. Beat in condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolk with whisk until smooth.
- Pour into partially baked crust in pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes longer or until crust is light golden brown and bars begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Cover pan with foil; refrigerate 3 hours.
- To cut bars, lift foil to remove bars from pan; place on cutting board. Cut into 3 rows by 3 rows. Top each with whipped cream topping and lime peel.
- Serving Size: 9