This Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken Recipe is just 5 ingredients and ready in just 15 minutes for an easy weeknight dinner!
The simple, yet delicious sauce on top of the chicken is a mixture of horseradish dijon mustard, honey and parsley. It has that nice horseradish kick with the tang of the mustard and sweet notes from the honey to compliment the smokey grilled chicken.
When the weather is too cold for the grill outside, you can use a cast-iron grill pan and it does the trick too.
Tips for a perfect Grilled Chicken Recipe:
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) and spray with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place the chicken breast between two sheets of parchment paper and give it a good whacking with a rolling pin to flatten the chicken to an even thickness. Since a chicken breast is naturally thicker on one end, it can take a long time to heat all the way through the thick part, resulting in a dry, really, really dry, chicken breast. Yuck. BUT, if you pound the chicken to an even thickness it will cook evenly and not get dried out and over cooked.
- When you’re grilling with sauces that have honey or sugar in them, they can burn easily. Baste your chicken in the sauce during the last two to three minutes of grilling to avoid charring or burning.
- If you want a chicken breast that is moist, tender and juicy, then you MUST tent your chicken and let it rest. Once your chicken is grilled remove it and place it directly onto a plate and loosely cover with tin foil. Let it sit in there for at least 5 minutes to regain it’s moisture and marinade a little longer in that tantalizing sauce. Your tastebuds will thank you.
If you follow those tips you’ll have one knock-out grilled chicken breast every. single. time.
Want to know what’s even better than a moist, flavorful grilled chicken breast?
How about one that’s done and ready to eat in 15 minutes!
That’s right, this is another tasty 15 minute dinner recipe! You’re going to love this one, I just know it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken
Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken is a quick and easy recipe that is healthy and will quickly become a favorite!
- Prep Time: 9 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
- 4 (6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup horseradish dijon mustard (regular dijon mustard will work too)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat grill or grill pan on medium high heat and spray with non stick cooking spray or olive oil. Once pan is hot, reduce heat to just below medium.
- In a small bowl combine the dijon mustard, honey and parsley flakes and set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts to an even thickness by placing between two sheets of parchment paper and pounding with a rolling pin or heavy bottomed pan. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place chicken on grill for 3 minutes, then flip over and brush the chicken with the honey dijon sauce. Grill for an additional 2-3 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. then remove from grill loosely cover with tin foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before enjoying. Serve with any additional sauce on the side for dipping.
Try serving with a side of steamed broccoli sprinkled with garlic salt and freshly grated parmesan cheese for a complete meal!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: