Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl is a super quick recipe that’s perfect for a delicious lunch or easy weeknight dinner!
Since the beginning of the year I’ve been doing this “game on” challenge where I have am teamed up with several other ladies and we are challenged to make smart choices in our diets, create new good habits and break old bad habits.
It’s been difficult, but totally worth the challenge. Needless to say, I’ve been making these Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls over and over again because it hits all the requirements I need.
Carbs, protein and good fats (from the avocado), plus tons of veggies.
I use precooked brown or multigrain rice and pre-grilled chicken to make this recipe an even quicker one.
I’m always adding grilled chicken to my salads or rice bowls, so I typically grill a big batch in the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge. You could also use shredded rotisserie chicken, grilled steak or even just make it all veggies if you want!
Here’s some more fun options for your Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl:
- Use salsa as a dressing to keep the calories light
- Add sliced black olives
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Add a 1/4 cup rinsed and drained black beans
Whether you’re trying to fit something a little healthier into your diet or just needing a crazy delicious dinner or lunch that’s ready in a flash, you’re going to want to try these bowls out!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl is a super quick recipe that's perfect for a delicious lunch or easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced*
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 to 2 limes, juice of
- 4 cups cooked rice
- avocado, sliced
- tomato, diced
- sour cream
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- cheese, shredded
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is nice and hot, toss in the peppers and onions. Stir occasionally, until the peppers and onions are slightly charred and begin to soften (about 3 minutes). Stir in the chicken, chili powder, garlic salt, ground cumin and squeeze in the lime juice to give everything a good coating. Stir until heated through.
- Meanwhile fill each bowl with the cooked rice. Top with the fajita chicken and veggies along with any other optional toppings you would like. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!