If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner/lunch recipe that doesn’t involve turning on the stove or oven… or even the grill, then these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Spring Rolls are definitely for you!
I found this tasty Asian Chicken filling recipe over on Better Homes and Garden’s website.
But as I was working my way through the grocery store, filling up my cart with the fresh ingredients, I couldn’t help but think how wonderful the filling would taste wrapped inside of a cool spring roll wrapper instead of a leaf of lettuce.
I spotted these rice paper wrappers in the Asian isle, next to the seaweed used for sushi. They come dry, but quickly moisten up when soaked in a shallow plate full of water.
I whipped up the Asian Chicken filling in my food processor and stuffed it inside these clear wrappers.
I could not get over how delicious these were! Especially when dipped into the tasty sauce.
So light and fresh, and perfect for a quick weekday lunch or dinner.
These would be so great for a fun change to a workday lunch, don’t you think? My kids even enjoyed these so much that they were asking me to put them in their lunch boxes once school starts back up!
Now that is a definite winner!
I’m sharing my modifications and recipe over on BHG’s Delish Dish blog, so be sure to go check that out!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Spring Rolls
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 6 ounce cooked chicken breast strips, package refrigerated
- 1/2 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce, found in the Asian isle
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil , or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed (optional)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 Rice Paper wraps, found in the Asian Isle
- Trim off and discard root ends of green onions. Cut off and slice green tops and set aside. In a food processor combine white parts of the green onions, the chicken breast, sweet pepper, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, the hoisin sauce, the oil, black pepper and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Cover and pulse with several on-off turns until chicken mixture is finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add cabbage and toss to combine.
- Fill a large shallow plate that has a rim with water. Slide a rice paper wrap into the water and soak for 5 to 10 seconds. Slide out of the water and place on a clean surface. Place 1/8th of the filling into the center of the wrap and fold up the sides of the wrap and roll, enclosing the filling. Repeat with the remaining wraps and filling.
- For the dipping sauce, in a small bowl combine sliced green onion tops, the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, the water, and soy sauce.
- See the original recipe HERE