If you’re a fan of Chinese food, then you’re really going to love this Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe!
I figured it was about time I share an actual egg roll recipe the way it’s meant to be.
This Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe is seriously so delicious and amazingly easy to make!
The base starts with ground chicken and lots of shredded cabbage. I used a bag of coleslaw mix which includes shredded cabbage and shredded carrots. It’s a time saver to use the pre shredded stuff, but if you can’t find the pre shredded mix, you can finely chop your own.
You don’t want the filling to be overly wet when filling your egg roll wrappers, so don’t be surprised if your filling is more on the dry side.
The seasonings that going in the filling are ultra flavorful and really make the tastes pop!
One seasoning you don’t want to skip is the Chinese Five Spice. The combination of flavors in the Chinese Five Spice bring a sweet and nutty flavor to the filling that you will truly love.
Heck, I had a hard time keeping my hands off of that filling before it made it into the wrappers!
Once all of your egg rolls are wrapped up nice and tight give them a dunk in your deep fryer or a heavy bottomed pot that’s filled with about an inch or two of oil.
To achieve that crispy wrapper it’s best to deep fry these rather than bake them.
My family loves these Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls with my Egg Drop Soup for a complete meal that doesn’t take a lot of time!
Try switching out the ground chicken with ground pork to make these pork egg rolls.
You could even leave out the meat, add extra cabbage and some sliced mushrooms and make these a veggie egg roll!
The possibilities are endless with egg rolls, I think that’s why I love them so much!
I know you’re going to love these ones too!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cabbage and carrots, shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- quart vegetable oil, for frying
- Cook the ground chicken in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat with the ginger and garlic until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to heat.
- Add in the cabbage and carrot mix, green onions, salt, sugar, sesame oil and Chinese five spice, stir and cook until cabbage and carrots are tender. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top of each egg roll wrapper and brush the edges of the wrappers with the beaten egg. Tightly roll up the egg rolls, enclosing the filling.
- Preheat your fryer to 375 degrees F. OR bring a heavy bottomed pot filled with about 2 inches of oil to temperature. Fry the egg rolls in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and enjoy!
MAKE SURE YOU PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE IT!