If you’re a fan of Chinese food, then you’re really going to love this Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe!
Serve these crispy egg rolls with a Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping.
Crispy Chicken Egg Roll Recipe
This Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe is seriously so delicious and amazingly easy to make!
The filling starts with ground chicken and lots of shredded cabbage. I used a bag of coleslaw mix which includes shredded cabbage and shredded carrots.
It’s a time saver to use the pre shredded stuff, but if you can’t find the pre shredded mix, you can finely chop your own.
Here’s a basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make these Chicken Egg Rolls at home. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Ground Chicken – you can also substitute with ground pork or turkey
- Cabbage – use a bagged coleslaw mix for a time saver.
- Green Onions
- Chinese 5 Spice – find it here
- Egg Roll Wrappers
How To Make Chicken Egg Rolls
You don’t want the filling to be overly wet when filling your egg roll wrappers, so don’t be surprised if your filling is more on the dry side.
The seasonings that going in the filling are ultra flavorful and really make the whole thing pop!
One seasoning you don’t want to skip is the Chinese Five Spice. The combination of flavors in the Chinese Five Spice bring a sweet and nutty flavor to the filling that you will truly love.
Heck, I had a hard time keeping my hands off of that filling before it made it into the wrappers!
Fried Egg Rolls vs Baked Egg Rolls
Once all of your egg rolls are wrapped up nice and tight give them a dunk in your deep fryer or a heavy bottomed pot that’s filled with about an inch or two of oil.
To achieve that crispy wrapper it’s best to deep fry these rather than bake them.
HOWEVER – you can still bake these egg rolls. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray the egg rolls with non-stick spray or brush with oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating half way through.
You can also cook these in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, making sure to flip them half way through.
My family loves these Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls with my Egg Drop Soup for a complete meal that doesn’t take a lot of time!
Try switching out the ground chicken with ground pork to make these pork egg rolls.
You could even leave out the meat, add extra cabbage and some sliced mushrooms and make these a veggie egg roll!
The possibilities are endless with egg rolls, I think that’s why I love them so much!
I know you’re going to love these ones too!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
- Cook the ground chicken in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat with the ginger and garlic until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to heat.
- Add in the cabbage and carrot mix, green onions, salt, sugar, sesame oil and Chinese five spice, stir and cook until cabbage and carrots are tender. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top of each egg roll wrapper and brush the edges of the wrappers with the beaten egg. Tightly roll up the egg rolls, enclosing the filling.
- Preheat your fryer to 375 degrees F. OR bring a heavy bottomed pot filled with about 2 inches of oil to temperature. Fry the egg rolls in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
MAKE SURE YOU PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE IT!