This super easy Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe is just like classic Mongolian Beef, except uses hamburger so it’s ready in about 15 minutes!
How To Make Easy Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe:
- Start by browning some hamburger along with garlic and ginger in a skillet.
- Combine some soy sauce, brown sugar and hoisin sauce in a small dish and add to the ground beef and heat through.
- Stir in a mixture of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
- Season with crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper and green onions.
What is Mongolian Sauce Made Of?
Mongolian sauce is a combination of soy sauce, brown sugar and hoisin sauce. It’s seasoned with garlic, ginger and a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes as well as black pepper. The more red pepper you add, the spicier the dish will be. The sauce is thickened with a cornstarch and water slurry. Just before serving, toss in some sliced green onions to bring a fresh flavor to the sauce.
What To Serve with Mongolian Beef:
We love to serve this super easy ground beef recipe over hot rice, but it would also taste amazing with some hot asian noodles, such as ramen. You can even bulk up the recipe with added stir fry veggies like sliced carrots, red bell peppers or snap peas.
More Super Easy Ground Beef Recipes:
Looking for more super easy Asian ground beef recipes to try? Here are some of our favorites!
Mongolian Beef Tips and Tricks:
- Want it saucier? Try doubling the sauce ingredients to make it extra saucy!
- What kind of beef should I use for Mongolian Beef? This recipe calls for lean ground beef, but if you’re wanting to make traditional Mongolian Beef, you’ll want to use a good flank steak. Cut the steak into thin strips against the grain and toss in cornstarch before frying in batches. Add in the sauce ingredients as described in the recipe below.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? You can easily make this recipe ahead of time and reheat in the microwave, but I think this recipe tastes best when it’s made fresh.
You’re going to LOVE this super easy ground beef recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Easy Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe
- Brown the ground beef along with the ginger and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat, until beef is crumbled and cooked through. Drain any fat and return pan to stove top.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar and hoisin sauce in a small dish and pour into ground beef mixture. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors. Meanwhile in a small dish combine the 1/4 cup water along with the 2 tbsp cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the ground beef and stir until sauce thickens.
- Season with red pepper flakes, black pepper and green onions. Serve hot over hot rice or noodles. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: