This super easy Ground Kung Pao Beef is ready in just 15 minutes and filled with ground beef in a deliciously spicy sauce.
One of my goals for the year is to come up with more ONE SKILLET recipes. When it comes to dinner time, I find myself constantly reaching for my skillet and my archives of super quick recipes that only use one pan.
That’s why I’m absolutely loving this Ground Kung Pao Beef! It’s so quick and easy and the homemade sauce is spot on!
Ground Kung Pao Beef Recipe:
- Start by browning some ground beef in a skillet with diced bell pepper and diced green onion (the white parts).
- Add in some garlic, ginger and your preference of crushed red chili peppers (the more you use the spicier the dish).
- Drain off any fat and return the skillet to the stove top.
How To Make Kung Pao Sauce
Once the ground beef is cooked you’ll whisk together the ingredients for the kung pao sauce.
- Combine soy sauce, dry sherry (or white cooking wine), sesame oil and sugar in a bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In another small dish combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Pour the sauce ingredients into the ground beef mixture along with the cornstarch slurry and cook over medium high heat until the sauce is thickened.
All that’s left to do is toss in some dry roasted peanuts and give it a good stir!
This super easy dish comes together in just about 15 minutes or less. You’ll be shocked at how delicious it is!
Kung Pao Beef Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to swap out the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken or pork!
- Try adding in more veggies like diced zucchini or peas along with the diced bell peppers.
- If you don’t like peanuts you can leave them out.
- Serve this ground beef mixture over white rice, noodles, or in lettuce leaves for a low carb version!
I know you’re going to love this recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Ground Kung Pao Beef
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced green onions, white parts only
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 to 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, or white wine
- 2 tsp light sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the ground beef, bell pepper, onion, garlic, ginger and chili flakes in a skillet and cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Meanwhile whisk together the soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil and sugar in a small dish and pour into ground beef mixture over medium high heat. Combine the cornstarch and water in the small dish and whisk until smooth. Pour into the ground beef mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
- Stir in the peanuts and garnish with diced green onions if desired. Serve over hot white rice and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: