This super easy Korean Ground Beef Recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes and is bursting with sweet and spicy flavor.
If you’re looking for an easy recipe to serve your family that uses that last bit of ground beef in your fridge or freezer, than this is it!
Easy Korean Ground Beef Recipe:
- Start by browning your lean ground beef in a skillet with garlic and ginger.
- Drain any excess fat and then return to the stove top.
- Season with a little sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha if desired).
We love to serve this deliciously seasoned ground beef right on top of a bed of hot rice.
To make it a full meal – I’ll add sliced cucumbers and matchstick carrots alongside the ground beef and rice.
How Can I Make this Ground Beef Recipe Low Carb?
Believe it or not, this Korean Ground Beef Recipe can easily be converted to a low carb meal!
- Swap out the brown sugar for a low carb brown sugar sweetener.
- Serve the ground beef over a bed of hot cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
- Try serving the Korean Ground Beef mixture in a lettuce wrap for a fun taco-inspired dish!
This super easy ground beef recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes with ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
In fact, I have to start cooking the rice before I even start browning the beef because it cooks that fast! If you’re using minute rice, you’ll be sitting down to eat dinner even quicker!
My kids went nuts for this super quick dinner recipe. It was perfect for our busy weeknight when I had to run two kids to gymnastics, one to mountain bike practice and help the other with a school project.
I’m sure you’re going to love how quickly and easily this dinner comes together for you as well!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Easy Korean Ground Beef Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce, or Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Brown the ground beef, garlic and ginger in a skillet over medium heat, breaking the ground beef into small pieces until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Add in the sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring until the meat is moistened and the glossy. Add in half of the green onions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Serve the ground beef mixture on top of the hot rice along side the cucumbers and carrots. Garnish with additional green onions and sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: