This Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet is a childhood favorite! Filled with tender pasta, hearty ground beef and cheese in a delicious gravy that’s all made in just ONE PAN!
Ground beef recipes are some of my favorites to make because I can usually find a good deal on hamburger and it cooks super fast, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet:
- Start by browning a pound of ground beef with some onion and bell pepper in a large skillet. Drain any fat and return to stove top.
- Stir in some flour until it’s thickened and then stir in some ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gradually add in beef broth, milk, salt and pepper to form the gravy.
- Toss in UNCOOKED pasta and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover slightly until pasta is tender.
- Stir in some cheese and dinner is ready!
Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
This recipe brings back childhood memories of busy weeknights and my dad fixing us up a pan of hamburger helper after I got home from a long swim practice.
By making this recipe homemade, you don’t have any weird artificial ingredients, just fresh and delicious flavors.
Tips and Variations to Make This Recipe:
This recipe is easily customizable to your family’s preference, here are some easy swaps and variations –
- It’s true, Philly Cheesesteaks don’t usually have bell peppers in them, so you can definitely leave these out if you prefer.
- Use any type of short grain pasta, macaroni, shells, rotini, etc.
- This recipe calls for provolone cheese. I use the deli-sliced cheese and just cut it up so it’s easy!
- Since there is milk in the gravy it has a tendency to boil over if you close the lid. Make sure you leave the lid cracked open slightly when the pasta is cooking.
What To Serve With Philly Cheesesteak Pasta?
You can serve this dish with a simple side salad and some crusty bread or rolls for a complete meal!
More Hamburger Helper Type Recipes:
- Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Italian Beef and Rice Skillet
- Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
This cheesy bowl of goodness is perfect for your busy weeknights!
BONUS – even my pickiest eater LOVED it!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups dry cavatappi noodles
- 1 ½ cups diced provolone cheese slices
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic powder to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until ground beef is broken up and cooked through. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Stir in the flour until thick, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Gradually stir in the beef broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil then add in dried pasta. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar. Stir occasionally until noodles are tender, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in the cheeses until incorporated into the sauce. Top with freshly chopped parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: