This Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet is filled with all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but made in just one pan in less than 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for easy weeknight dinner recipes, this is definitely where you want to be.
I figured it was time to share another one skillet dinner with you since it’s back to school season and all.
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
There is nothing better than a quick and easy recipe that only dirties one pan. Less dishes for the win!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order make this easy stuffed peppers skillet. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the recipe card below.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Green and Red Bell Peppers
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Rice – uncooked, long grain white rice *see notes in recipe card for options
- Beef Broth – low sodium
- Italian Seasoning – try my homemade blend!
- Shredded Cheese
How To Make Skillet Stuffed Peppers with Rice
BROWN HAMBURGER Start with one pound of hamburger and brown it in a skillet with onion and garlic.
ADD RICE Drain the fat then add in some uncooked rice, diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers and plenty of spices.
BRING TO BOIL Add in the beef broth, then bring the mixture to a boil.
I used a fire roasted diced tomatoes for this recipe, which I think brought out some great flavors. If you don’t have those on hand, you can definitely use regular diced tomatoes.
ADD SEASONINGS Stir in a little tomato paste along with some Italian herbs to give the broth a little more body and depth of flavor.
TOP WITH CHEESE Once the rice is fully cooked, add the shredded cheese on top and cover. Let the cheese melt completely and then enjoy.
Tips for Making Stuffed Peppers in a Skillet:
- Make sure you bring the skillet to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer and covering with a lid. If you skip that step it will take much longer to cook the rice fully.
- Add any color of pepper to the skillet that you like or have on hand. My favorites are red and green.
- SWAP ground beef with ground turkey or chicken if desired.
- Using minute rice with this recipe would require changing the amount of liquid and rice called for. Minute rice needs a 1:1 ratio of rice to liquid, so keep that in mind if you’re changing the rice in this recipe.
If you love the flavors of stuffed peppers, you’re really going to enjoy this super easy one skillet dinner.
What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers
This easy one pan dinner is a meal in itself, but if you’re looking for a side dish to serve alongside of it, here are a few of my favorites…
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes
Are you a fan of ground beef recipes like I am? It’s something that I always have in my freezer, pre-portioned and ready to go whenever I need a quick dinner.
Here are a few more instant dinners you’re going to love…
- Mongolian Ground Beef Recipe
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Kung Pao Ground Beef
- Creamy Ground Beef Taco Pasta Skillet
I’m sure you’re going to love it just as much as we do!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until ground beef is fully cooked, crumbled, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any fat. Place the skillet back on the heat and add in the bell peppers, diced tomatoes, rice, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for about 18 minutes, until rice is cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and top with the shredded cheese. Cover again and let cheese melt over low heat. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: