This cool and creamy Orange Fluff Salad Recipe is made with jello, whipped topping, mandarin oranges and a surprise ingredient that you wouldn’t expect!
A few weeks ago I went to a potluck with my family and one of our friends brought this Orange Fluff Salad. Everyone demolished it and my kids couldn’t stop talking about it. I asked my friend for her recipe and she gladly handed it over so I could share it with you all!
Orange Fluff Salad Ingredients:
- Frozen Whipped Topping – make sure it’s thawed out before use.
- Orange Jello Mix – you don’t need to actually make the jello, just using the powder for this recipe!
- Cottage Cheese – yes, you read that right! Get the 4% fat, small or large curd.
- Mandarin Oranges – sometimes we double these and it’s great!
- Mini Marshmallows – totally optional, but I love the added texture it brings to the dessert
How To Make Orange Jello Salad
- You do NOT need to pre-make the jello for this recipe, all we are doing is stirring ingredients together.
- Stir together the thawed whipped topping and orange jello mix until combined.
- Add in the cottage cheese and mandarin oranges and gently fold together.
- If you’re adding in the marshmallows do it now and then chill the dessert until ready to eat!
Jello Salad Variations and Tips:
This super quick Jello Salad dessert can take on so many different flavors! Here are some great variations to try…
- Use raspberry jello mix and fresh raspberries.
- Pineapple jello mix with fresh pineapple bits.
- Try using sugar free jello mix to make it a little less sweet.
Can You Make Orange Fluff Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe is great for mixing up a day in advance and chilling in the fridge. The mandarin oranges might give the salad a little extra moisture when it sits, so you’ll just want to stir it up again before serving.
More Fluff Salad Recipes To Make:
Trust me, you’re going to want to print this recipe out. It’s a total keeper!
Just 5 simple ingredients and a dessert that’s ready in 5 minutes! Doesn’t get much easier than this!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Orange Fluff Salad Recipe
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 oz package orange gelatin mix, just the powder
- 16 oz of 4% fat cottage cheese, small or large curd will work
- 14 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Combine the thawed whipped topping and orange gelatin powder together in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add in the cottage cheese, mandarin oranges and mini marshmallows and gently fold in until mixture is combined.
- You can enjoy right away or chill covered in the fridge until ready to serve. The flavors tend to blend better after it's been chilled for at least 1 hour.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: