This Cheesy Spinach Herb Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe has tender and juicy chicken breasts stuffed with a creamy and cheesy herbed filling!
If you’re a fan of spinach and herb dip as well as juicy, flavorful chicken, then this recipe is for you.
I’ve teamed up once again with one of my favorite companies, Tastefully Simple, to share another mouth-watering recipe using their delicious products.
I opted to use the Tastefully Simple® Spinach & Herb Seasoning again. It’s one of my go-to spice blends to add instant aromatic flavor to chicken, veggies and dips.
Last time I made a cheesy mixture on top of this Spinach Herb Baked Chicken dinner and y’all loved it as much as I did.
Spinach Herb Stuffed Chicken Breast
With just a few seasonings on the outside and a cheesy, flavorful mixture on the inside, you can have dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients Needed –
Here is what you’ll need to make this quick dinner.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Powder
- Paprika – adds great color
- Cream Cheese – make sure it’s softened to room temperature
- Parmesan Cheese
- Tastefully Simple® Spinach & Herb Seasoning
- Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil
How To Make Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breast
I took inspiration from my Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast to come up with this equally delicious recipe.
It’s basically everything you love about a good spinach and herb cheese dip, stuffed inside a juicy chicken breast.
OMG, it’s delicious!!
- CREATE A POCKET Start by cutting a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Make sure you don’t cut too deep, just enough to create some space for the filling.
- SEASON Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika on both sides.
- MAKE FILLING Combine the cheese filling and stuff it into each chicken breast.
- COOK Sear the chicken on each side in a hot skillet, then transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking.
How Long To Bake Stuffed Chicken?
With this recipe, we’re going to not only sear the chicken breasts in a pan on the stove top, but also finish the chicken in the oven.
This will create a nice, golden brown finish on the chicken breast, while also locking in those juices, keeping our chicken breast nice and succulent.
Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it should only take an additional 12 to 15 minutes in the oven.
Which Pan Should I Use?
My go-to pan when cooking stuffed chicken is a seasoned cast iron skillet.
You need to use a pan that can be placed in the oven up to 425 degrees F. This means NO plastic handles on your pans!
PRO TIP – If you do not have an oven-safe pan, you can sear the chicken on the stove top, then transfer the chicken breasts to an oven safe baking dish and finish cooking in the oven.
What To Serve With Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast –
This gorgeous dinner is great when paired with my Sautéed Zucchini, Vegetable Rice Pilaf, Parmesan Roasted Green Beans, Homemade Dinner Rolls or even just a garden salad.
Where to Get Spinach & Herb Seasoning
You’re definitely going to want to pick up a bottle of this Spinach & Herb Seasoning blend from Tastefully Simple.
It’s filled with spices such as spinach flakes, onion, minced green onion, dill and garlic. It’s great on things like chicken, veggies, pasta, rice, in dips and more.
Don’t forget to use my code WASHDRY15 for a 15% off discount now through 10/15/2020!
I know you’re going to love this quick and easy dinner as much as we do!
Cheesy Spinach Herb Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Tastefully Simple® Spinach & Herb Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.Use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into the sides of each chicken breast. Make sure you don't cut all the way through, just enough to create a place for the cheese mixture to go. Season both sides of each chicken breast with ½ tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and Tastefully Simple® Spinach & Herb Seasoning until evenly mixed. Divide cheese mixture between the chicken breasts and stuff into each. If needed, you can use toothpicks to close chicken breast.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet (I prefer to use cast iron) over medium heat. Add in the Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil and once hot, sear the chicken breasts on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer skillet to oven and finish cooking 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes before slicing.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
I would love to see you produce more videos to go with your non-video postings. Sometimes a visual is worth more than a thousand words. Please just remember to keep your hair pulled back from the foods. But I love and greatly enjoy your videos and watch them many times!