This BBQ Chicken Pinwheel Bake is a smoky and cheesy appetizer (or main dish) that can be made with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s ready in no time!
I love pinwheel bakes because they’re essentially a savory cinnamon roll. You can stuff them with whatever saucy and cheesy ingredients you like, and the crescent roll dough wraps around them like a fluffy and flakey blanket.
This BBQ chicken version is so simple and delicious, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making these for years. Then you will proceed to make them for years and years to come.
I used a rotisserie chicken for this recipe, which makes this meal come together super quick. Just toss the chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce, spread it over some crescent dough, pile on tons of cheese and roll it up!
You’re going to love this cheese filled dish! You can serve it as an appetizer, or serve it up with some roasted asparagus and a side salad and you have an ultra easy weeknight dinner!
BBQ Chicken Pinwheel Bake
- 2 cups deli rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, 3 oz (shredded)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
- On large cutting board, unroll dough from 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls into 2 long rectangles. Overlap long sides to form large rectangle; firmly press perforations and edges to seal.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over dough leaving about 1/2 inch on 1 side uncovered. Top chicken mixture evenly with 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Starting with topped long side, roll up dough toward uncovered edge; pinch seam to seal tightly.
- Using sharp knife, cut roll into 8 equal slices (pinwheels); place cut side down in ungreased 8- or 9-inch round pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and center pinwheels are no longer doughy. Cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro over top. Serve warm.