If you’re searching for a Simple Coleslaw Recipe, this is it! It doesn’t get easier than using pre-packaged, shredded cabbage and my tasty 3 ingredient dressing.
The main ingredient in coleslaw is cabbage. You can use a mixture of green cabbage, purple cabbage and even Napa cabbage. Since I’m usually in a hurry, I love to just grab a package of pre-shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix in the produce section of the grocery store and mix up my own dressing.
- Coleslaw Mix (shredded cabbage and carrot blend)*
- Mayo – real mayo, not miracle whip
- Apple Cider Vinegar – you can also use lemon juice for a different, less sweet flavor.
- Sugar – white sugar
*There are other coleslaw blends out there that include kale, broccoli, or other crisp veggies. All would work great with my dressing!
How Long Does Coleslaw Last?
Coleslaw can last up to 3 to 5 days when covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator. That makes it a great salad to prep ahead of time and bring to parties.
Keep in mind that the longer the salad sits with the dressing on it, the less crunchy the cabbage will be.
PRO TIP: For maximum crunch, prepare the dressing ahead of time and toss with the cabbage just before serving.
What to Serve with Coleslaw Salad
Coleslaw is a cool and crisp salad that has a tangy, yet creamy dressing. I find it’s best when served with smoky and/or spicy meats, like at a bbq. Here are some more great ways to enjoy coleslaw…
- On top of my Beer Battered Fish (taco style)
- Alongside my favorite Baby Back Ribs
- It’s fantastic with my Pulled Pork
- Serve on top of corned beef or pastrami
- In sandwiches
- By itself with salt and pepper!
More Delicious Summer Salad Recipes To Try:
I hope you enjoy this simple, yet super flavorful Coleslaw recipe as much as we do!
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 14 oz coleslaw mix, finely shredded cabbage mix
- salt and pepper , to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW