Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad is loaded with diced California Avocados, plump tomatoes, crispy bacon and fresh basil all tossed with a creamy avocado ranch dressing!
One of the fantastic perks of being a California Avocado Ambassador is when my monthly shipment of California Avocados arrive at my door. This past year I have gotten a new delivery guy, and apparently out of all the packages he brings to my door he has taken notice of the avocados.
When he knocked on my door this last time he handed me the box and said, “These must be very good!”
“Oh yes, they are the absolute BEST! They’re California Avocados!”
Did you know that California produces approximately 90% of the nation’s avocado crop?
Fun fact – I was born in California. Only the best things are born there… wait what?! 😉
But seriously people, this Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad is divine. The dressing is a combination of ranch and fresh avocado. I squeezed just a bit of lime juice in there to give it the perfect zip. Then I diced up even more avocado and tossed it in the salad. The crispy bacon crumbles in there give it just the right amount of crunch and smokiness.
I served this salad with some ribs and a side of grilled corn on the cob. Everyone absolutely enjoyed it, and practically licked their plates clean.
Go grab some California Avocados and dig in!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- 16 oz large shell pasta
- 1 California Avocado, diced
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, ribboned
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 California Avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Once tender drain the pasta and run cold water throughout to cool the pasta down. Place in a large bowl.
- To prepare the dressing add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Pour over the cooled pasta and toss to coat.
- Fold in the diced avocado, grape tomatoes, bacon, and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am honored to have a long term, compensated relationship as a brand ambassador for California Avocados. All opinions expressed are my own! For more great recipes featuring California Avocados, be certain to visit the recipe section of their website.