These Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas are a fun spin on the classic enchilada. Made in just 15 minutes and enjoyed by all!
Enjoy this fun and reinvented way to eat enchiladas on the fly! Not to mention it’s a quick weeknight dinner!
The other day I was at the grocery store with my sister in law and we were talking about our favorite easy dinners to make for the family.
She told me about her Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas and I was immediately intrigued! I love enchiladas, but what are FLAT enchiladas?!
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make this recipe for flat enchiladas. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Ground Beef
- Enchilada Sauce – use my homemade sauce for the best flavor!
- Corn Tortillas
How To Make Flat Enchiladas
Start by browning your ground beef and onion in a skillet until it’s crumbled and no longer pink. Drain and discard any fat from the pan.
Stir in the red enchilada sauce and let it simmer until it’s nice and bubbly.
I have a killer Homemade Enchilada Sauce that is perfect for this recipe, but if you’re in a time crunch, you can always use the canned version.
What Kind of Tortilla For Enchiladas?
For this recipe we’re going to be frying up corn tortillas in a little oil to get them nice and crisp.
Not all the way crisp, like a tostada would be, but still a little pliable with a crispy edge. Your desired crispiness is up to you.
Is This a Mexican Pizza?
This recipe is very similar to Taco Bell’s infamous Mexican Pizza… the only difference is that we aren’t using any refried beans to hold the enchilada meat sauce on to the tortilla.
Feel free to add the refried beans for a whole new experience.
How To Serve Flat Enchiladas
We had fun with it and made double decker flat enchiladas and even TRIPLE decker ones!
You’ll want to eat the stacked enchiladas with a knife and fork, but the single layer ones we just picked up and ate with our hands.
Have fun with your Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas and serve with these tasty sides:
- These Best Black Beans are a quick side
- Easy Mexican Rice is always a family favorite
- You’ll want to try these with a drizzle of this Tomatillo Dressing
- Heat up the grill for this easy Mexican Grilled Corn
Make taco night fun again with this super delicious and totally easy weeknight meal!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas
- avocado, sliced
- tomato, diced
- sour cream
- cilantro, chopped
- black olives, sliced
- Combine the ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until no longer pink, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Add in the enchilada sauce* and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat another skillet over medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the corn tortillas, one at a time or if the skillet is large enough add more, so they are not over lapping. Fry the tortillas for about 1 minute (until lightly golden brown) and then flip, cook on the opposite site until lightly golden brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve the flat enchiladas, scoop some of the meat mixture onto the tortilla and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top with any additional topping you'd like and enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!