These Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas are a super quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy! It’s taco night reinvented!
The other day I was at the grocery store with my sister in law and we were talking about our favorite easy dinners to make for the family.
She told me about her Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas and I was immediately intrigued! I love enchiladas, but what are FLAT enchiladas?!
My sister in law said she always has a container of her enchilada meat sauce ready for whenever her kids want these flat enchiladas.
Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe:
It’s basically just ground beef mixed with a red enchilada sauce and then it’s placed on top of a fried corn tortilla with shredded cheese on top.
Genius!! I immediately loved this idea!
I have a killer Homemade Enchilada Sauce that is perfect for this recipe, but if you’re in a time crunch, you can always use the canned version.
She said her kids sometimes call these Mexican Pizzas, but she’s always known them as Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas.
Now I know these bad boys as just pure deliciousness!
These enchiladas pack all the flavor without having to individually roll each and every tortilla or take the time to bake. I served these taco night style to my family, with a bowl of the saucy ground beef and all the toppings on the side.
We had fun with it and made double decker flat enchiladas and even TRIPLE decker ones!
You’ll want to eat the stacked enchiladas with a knife and fork, but the single layer ones we just picked up and ate with our hands.
Have fun with your Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas and serve with these tasty sides:
- These Best Black Beans are a quick side
- Easy Mexican Rice is always a family favorite
- You’ll want to try these with a drizzle of this Tomatillo Dressing
- Heat up the grill for this easy Mexican Grilled Corn
Make taco night fun again with this super delicious and totally easy weeknight meal!
Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas
Flat Ground Beef Enchiladas are a super quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy! It’s taco night reinvented!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups Homemade Enchilada Sauce*
- 12 to 15 small corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- sliced avocado
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- sliced black olives
- Combine the ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until no longer pink, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to stove top.
- Add in the enchilada sauce* and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat another skillet over medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the corn tortillas, one at a time or if the skillet is large enough add more, so they are not over lapping. Fry the tortillas for about 1 minute (until lightly golden brown) and then flip, cook on the opposite site until lightly golden brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve the flat enchiladas, scoop some of the meat mixture onto the tortilla and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top with any additional topping you’d like and enjoy!
*If using canned enchilada sauce, add 1 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp garlic salt when adding the sauce to the ground beef mixture. Stir and let simmer.
Keywords: corn tortillas, ground beef, enchiladas, flat, stove top, cheese
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!