Quick and Easy Taco Soup Recipe is filled with ground beef, beans, corn and taco seasoning. It’s a quick dinner that uses lots of pantry staples!
This quick and easy taco soup was one of the very first recipes I made as a married woman. I was actually given this recipe by a friend, who also brought the soup with it, and I immediately fell in love. (with the soup…)
One of the main reasons I love this recipe so much is that it uses canned beans, corn, tomatoes and tomato sauce. I always keep a hefty stock of canned beans and tomatoes in my pantry, so it’s an easy dinner to whip up.
Quick and Easy Taco Soup Recipe
Simply brown some ground beef with a little onion, drain and add some taco seasoning and all the canned goods!
Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes and VOILA! You’re done!
I think my absolute favorite thing about this soup is that it’s so easy to make AND you get to top it with all your favorite taco toppings!
We love adding shredded cheese (that’s a must), sour cream (it’s so good when you stir it in the soup), pico de gallo (diced tomatoes work just as well) and sliced avocado!
Don’t forget the lime wedges and corn chips too!
We also use the leftovers to top salads, make tacos or burritos, and it’s also good with an egg on top for a hefty brunch.
My whole family adores this soup. In fact, I served this the day after Christmas and there was not one drop left!
You can’t beat a meal that comes together super quick and tastes amazing… PLUS it uses pantry staples! It’s a win-win.
Recipe Variations and Tips for Taco Soup:
- Swap out the ground beef for ground chicken, turkey or pork
- Use pinto beans rather than kidney beans
- Add in a packet of dry ranch dressing to spice it up
- Mix in a small can of diced green chilies for some extra heat
Now I get to pass this recipe on to you. Print it out and share it with a friend, just like my friend did with me, so many years ago!
Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 oz kidney beans
- 15 oz black beans
- 15 oz corn kernels
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 pouch, 2 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade recipe here)
Optional Taco Toppings:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- corn chips
- lime wedges
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large pot, until cooked through and crumbled. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, letting simmer for about 10 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Serve with optional taco toppings. Enjoy!
Do not drain the canned items, just pour them all in.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!