This Meat Lover’s Tortellini Skillet is just 6 ingredients, prepared in ONE skillet, and ready in less than 20 minutes!!
Pair it with my 2 ingredient Garlic Dough Breadsticks and Caesar Salad for the ultimate comfort food in a flash!
Meat Lover’s Tortellini Pasta Skillet
I took my One Skillet Baked Ziti and pumped it full of three delicious meats – andouille sausage, crispy bacon and sliced pepperoni!
Then I subbed out the penne for a fresh cheese filled tortellini, which was basically the best idea ever.
The best thing about this awesomely quick dinner is that it’s all prepared in one pan! Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this tortellini pasta dinner.
- Andouille Sausage – or ground Italian sausage
- Marinara Sauce – jarred or homemade
- Refrigerated Cheese-filled tortellini
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
How To Make Meat Lover’s Tortellini Skillet
COOK THE BACON Start by crisping up 3 thick cut slices of bacon in your skillet. Once they were crisp, remove them from the skillet to some paper towels, and drained the bacon grease. Leave about 2 tbsp of grease in the skillet.
ADD THE SAUSAGE Dice up your andouille sausage (you could also use an Italian sausage), and sauté it in the bacon grease until it gets nice and browned.
STIR IN THE SAUCE AND TORTELLINI Pour in a jar of marinara sauce as well as 13 ounces of the fresh cheese filled tortellini. Add in about 1/3 cup of water, which will help to cook those tortellini to the perfect tenderness. Bring the skillet to a slight boil, reduce heat and cover for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked.
FINISH WITH CHEESE Top with plenty of cheese and sliced pepperoni as well as the crumbled bacon. It should look like you’re topping a pizza! Cover it back up and let the cheese melt (about 3 to 5 minutes).
PRO TIP: I threw mine under my oven’s broiler for about a minute to get the whole thing nice and bubbly.
(Just make sure you use an oven safe skillet if you’re going to do that!)
Tips and Recipe Variations
This recipe is basically like a pizza made out of pasta. That being said, you can always add your favorite pizza toppings here and make it your own!
- Added veggies? Yes, of course you can add some veggies! Here are some great options: Mushrooms, onion, sliced bell peppers, black olives, etc.
- This recipe can easily be made ahead of time, but tastes best when made fresh. The good news, is that this recipe takes only about 20 minutes to make so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight.
- I’m using the refrigerated tortellini in this recipe because it can all easily be prepared in one pan. If using dried tortellini, make sure to cook the tortellini according to package instructions prior to adding to the pan. You can skip the part of this recipe that requires an additional 7 to 10 minutes of cooking.
More Easy Tortellini Recipes
I’m obsessed with the cheese-filled tortellini because it’s something my family loves and it’s great in pasta salads and quick dinners like this one. Here are a few more tortellini recipes you can try…
- Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet
- Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Cajun Tortellini Pasta Skillet
You’re definitely going to enjoy this quick and delicious dinner!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST| TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Meat Lover's Tortellini Skillet
- 3 thick cut bacon, strips
- 8 oz. andouille sausage, diced OR 12oz. ground Italian sausage
- 24 oz. marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- 1/3 cup water
- 13 oz. cheese filled tortellini, fresh
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 pizza pepperoni , slices
- Cook bacon in an oven safe skillet until browned and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet and discard the rest.
- Saute the andouille sausage in the bacon grease over medium heat until browned (or if using ground sausage, brown in skillet, breaking up with wooden spoon until crumbled and cooked through). Carefully add the marinara sauce, water and tortellini to the skillet. Stir and bring to a low boil, reduce heat and cover for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir and then sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta in an even layer. Top with the sliced pepperoni and crumbled bacon. Cover and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- If desired, place skillet under your oven's broiler for about 2 minutes to melt cheese even more. Enjoy!
Are you looking for stainless steel electric skillet reviews and ratings? Well you’ve return to the correct place. On this web site, you’ll realize honest reviews of the most effective stainless steel electric skillet on the market in 2015. Thus look into my reviews, and even be bound to browse my tips about the way to choose the best stainless steel electric skillet.
Love bacon. Love pasta. Love pepperoni. Love the look of this recipe!!
Thanks Emma! It’s a total winner!
My mouth began to salivate here. Just seeing already given me hungry. Congratulations on the blog.
Thank you Katia!
Stephanie @ Stephanies az kitchen
Holy yum! My mouth is watering. Great idea. Great pictures. My hubby is going to love this!
Thanks Stephanie! It was a huge hit over here!
I am loving this! I live for one pot meals, easy prep, easy clean up, what’s not to love! This looks great and I love that spoon!
Thanks Malinda! This is such an easy recipe you can make it any day of the week! 🙂
I don’t think I will have a skillet big enough for this dish….once my teenage boys see it. WOW, looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this! Can’t wait to try it.
Haha! Teenage boys can be dangerous! You’ll just have to make two skillet’s worth! 🙂
Dang! This is AWESOME! Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
You know it! 😉 Thanks Nicole!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel
This looks so robust, cheesy and positively perfect for a fast weeknight meal!
Thanks Hayley! It’s so good, it should be made at least 2 nights a week! 😉
Shawn this looks incredible!!!! Making this week. No but seriously.
Awesome! Thanks Dana! I hope you enjoy it!!
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
Stop it! Now all I wanna do is hop in my car, drive over to your place and do a face plant in this skillet. GAH! It looks fabulous!
Do it!! I would gladly serve you this delicious dish!
You had me at meat lover’s…
Right?!?! So good! 🙂