This Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet is a super quick weeknight dinner recipe that comes together in less than 15 minutes and with just a handful of ingredients!
You know I couldn’t go too long without bringing you another one of my fabulous 15 minute dinners! I’m absolutely giddy over this recipe because it’s so insanely easy and out of this world good.
Prepare to have your mind blown.
Have you ever wandered the aisles of the grocery store on an empty stomach? It’s usually a recipe for disaster, as I’ll end up buying one of EVERY THING in the store. But in this case, it was a beautiful outcome because I ended up with this Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet.
I grabbed a package of the refrigerated tortellini (it’s located next to the meat and sausages), which I love because they’re just a few minutes away from being ready to enjoy.
How to Make Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- You’ll start by sautéing the red bell pepper strips, onion and sausage in a hot skillet.
- Meanwhile boil the refrigerated tortellini for just a few minutes until tender, then drain.
- Pour in some heavy cream and parmesan cheese along with the cooked tortellini.
- Stir and enjoy!
The sauce on this super creamy dinner is simple, simple, simple! Just heavy cream and parmesan cheese. It’s seasoned with a touch of garlic powder and cajun seasoning. You have just a hint of spice, but it’s perfection with the sausage and sweet peppers.
Low Carb and Recipe Variations:
- If you’re watching your carbs, there is an easy option for this recipe! Simply swap out the tortellini for 1 head of steamed cauliflower that’s been cut into bite-size pieces.
- To reduce the fat, simply replace the heavy cream with half and half.
- If you do not want any spice in the dish, you can omit the cajun seasoning (but it’s really not that spicy with it in there).
I’m sure you’re going to LOVE this super simple, yet mega-flavorful weeknight dinner recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- 20 oz. cheese filled tortellini, or similar size refrigerated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. pork kielbasa sausage, sliced into discs
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- Boil the tortellini according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the bell pepper, onion and sausage in the skillet until the peppers and onions are tender and the sausage is browned slightly (about 5 minutes). Sprinkle with the garlic powder and cajun seasoning and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce is thick and creamy (about 2 minutes). Add the drained tortellini to the skillet and stir to coat.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Hi! Is this grated parmesan or like a shredded?
Either one will work for this recipe, but I prefer the shredded kind.
Just made this for dinner and it was delicious! Whole family approved!
That’s great to hear! So glad you all enjoyed it Mary!
Do you know the serving size and nutritional information
Hey Jess! You caught me right in the middle of transferring all of my recipes to a new format, which took away all of that important information temporarily! I’ll go ahead and update the info for this recipe right now for you though. Be patient with me as the rest will come over the next few days. 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! I cannot wait to make this!!! Looks absolutely delicious and perfect!!! Thank you for your fabulous recipes!!! You are doing GREAT!!! ☺️
Hope you enjoy it Lisa!
This is a delicious, hearty meal. Five kids approved :). Will absolutely make again and wouldn’t change a darn thing!!!!
Awesome! I love it when a recipe is kid-approved! Thanks for your sweet comment!
Keep up the good work. Don’t let the nay sayers get to you. You are going a great job. Wish i had time to make them all.
This was awesome! My family loved. I made last week and am making again tonight.
Nice! So glad you enjoyed it!
It looks delicious and attractive, I will learn to do them
Please unsubscribe me from this post!
You’re not subscribed to this post.
I am very concerned with the sodium content of tortellini
You can try using steamed cauliflower in it’s place or use a different pasta of your choice if the sodium content is concerning for you.
Thanks for you.