This Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet is a super quick weeknight dinner recipe that comes together in less than 15 minutes and with just a handful of ingredients!
You know I couldn’t go too long without bringing you another one of my fabulous 15 minute dinners! I’m absolutely giddy over this recipe because it’s so insanely easy and out of this world good.
Prepare to have your mind blown.
Have you ever wandered the aisles of the grocery store on an empty stomach? It’s usually a recipe for disaster, as I’ll end up buying one of EVERY THING in the store. But in this case, it was a beautiful outcome because I ended up with this Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet.
I grabbed a package of the refrigerated tortellini (it’s located next to the meat and sausages), which I love because they’re just a few minutes away from being ready to enjoy.
How to Make Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- You’ll start by sautéing the red bell pepper strips, onion and sausage in a hot skillet.
- Meanwhile boil the refrigerated tortellini for just a few minutes until tender, then drain.
- Pour in some heavy cream and parmesan cheese along with the cooked tortellini.
- Stir and enjoy!
The sauce on this super creamy dinner is simple, simple, simple! Just heavy cream and parmesan cheese. It’s seasoned with a touch of garlic powder and cajun seasoning. You have just a hint of spice, but it’s perfection with the sausage and sweet peppers.
Low Carb and Recipe Variations:
- If you’re watching your carbs, there is an easy option for this recipe! Simply swap out the tortellini for 1 head of steamed cauliflower that’s been cut into bite-size pieces.
- To reduce the fat, simply replace the heavy cream with half and half.
- If you do not want any spice in the dish, you can omit the cajun seasoning (but it’s really not that spicy with it in there).
I’m sure you’re going to LOVE this super simple, yet mega-flavorful weeknight dinner recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Boil the tortellini according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the bell pepper, onion and sausage in the skillet until the peppers and onions are tender and the sausage is browned slightly (about 5 minutes). Sprinkle with the garlic powder and cajun seasoning and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce is thick and creamy (about 2 minutes). Add the drained tortellini to the skillet and stir to coat.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: