This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
Last month we moved to a new house, same town, just a little bit bigger of a house in a quite neighborhood. One of my favorite things is that we are now less than 5 minutes away from a Walmart, so if I need anything, it’s just a quick trip down the road.
There is a wide assortment of Great Value Organic products at competitive prices too! I was able to pick up all the organic ingredients I needed right at my local Walmart, but they also have a big selection online that you can easily order.
Salsa Chicken Rice Skillet recipe:
- Start by seasoning three large chicken breasts with Chili Powder, Garlic Powder and Cumin (Walmart carries a wide variety of Great Value Organic seasonings)
- Sear the chicken in a large skillet until browned on each side
- Remove chicken to a plate and set aside
What I love most about these types of one skillet dinners is how versatile the recipe is. You can easily make the recipe your own with these delicious variations:
Easy Recipe Variations:
- I use Great Value Organic Pinto Beans in this recipe, but you can substitute for your favorite variation of bean.
- Try adding in a can of whole kernel corn with the rice.
- Substitute 1 lb. ground beef for the chicken breasts.
- Add in a 4 oz. can of diced green chilies or jalapeños for a little extra kick of heat.
Add some Great Value Organic salsa, chicken broth, lime juice, beans and garlic salt to the skillet with the rice and bring it to a boil. Nestle the chicken breasts back in the skillet, reduce the heat to a simmer and then cover. Let the rice cook until it’s tender and fluffy.
Keep in mind that this is a combination of long grain rice and wild rice. Wild rice will have a different texture than the long grain rice, so you’ll have a fluffy long grain and a slightly al dente wild grain. I love the combination of the two together!
Once the rice is fluffy, you’ll top with some marbled cheddar cheese and cover until it’s melted. Add some organic sliced avocado, more salsa and diced green onions on top!
It’s a gorgeous meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Your family is going to love this complete meal, and you’ll love being able to feed your family quickly with quality organic ingredients easily found at Walmart!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: