Take advantage of summer’s fresh ingredients and whip up this easy 15 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet for dinner without breaking a sweat. Fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are tossed together with angel hair pasta for the quickest dinner ever.
Happy Monday, everyone! It’s Kellie, again, from The Suburban Soapbox and I’m happy to say…summer is finally here. I’m so excited because we have a lot of things planned this year from a bunch of trips to the beach to a few visits to the zoo and then whatever else pops up along the way. I love long lazy nights sitting outside listening to the crickets chirp but that can only happen if I’m not standing over the sink washing a mountain of dishes. That’s when skillet dinners really are king like my favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet or Shawn’s Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet. This 15 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet will not disappoint, either.
I like to take advantage of the food nature gives up during the summer months, like tomatoes and fresh basil. They always taste the best this time of year and are wonderful tossed in absolutely anything like this super simple pasta salad. My 15 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet is a cinch to prepare. You’re going to want to make this every single night.
You will have to boil your pasta in a separate pot while you’re making the sauce. I threw my tomatoes into a searing hot skillet with a bit of olive oil and sautéed them until they began to pop open. I, then, tossed in a bit of garlic, a tablespoon of butter, a bit of balsamic vinegar and a boatload of fresh, chopped basil. Toss it all together with the pasta and some fresh mozzarella. Boom. Done.
I like to serve my 15 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet with a light salad like this Strawberry Spinach Salad. It’s the perfect quick dinner that will leave you with plenty of time to lounge around enjoying the balmy summer nights.Print
15 Minute Caprese Pasta Skillet
Fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are tossed together with angel hair pasta for the quickest dinner ever.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces fresh angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh small mozzarella balls (or diced fresh mozzarella)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes to the skillet. Cook until blistered and beginning to pop open, approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the basil, butter and vinegar. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions.
- Transfer to the pasta to the skillet using tongs. Turn the heat off and toss the pasta with the sauce. Add the mozzarella and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately
Keywords: 15 minute, caprese, pasta, skillet, easy, quick