This quick and easy Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe is filled with Buitoni® Three Cheese Tortellini, black and green olives and tons of sliced salami.
We love to pair this simple pasta salad with grilled chicken, steak or shrimp!
This easy side dish is perfect for potlucks, parties, and pool-side snacking!
Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad
I love using Buitoni tortellini because it’s fresh and flavorful. You can find it right in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. It only takes a few minutes to cook up and can turn any meal into a hearty and delicious one.
Ingredients Needed For Tortellini Pasta Salad
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make this recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- 20oz. Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- Black Olives
- Green Olives – stuffed with pimento
Ingredients for Cheesy Italian Salad Dressing
All you need are a few basic ingredients to whip up this cheesy Italian dressing that gets soaked up by the plump tortellini. It’s a match made in heaven!
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad
This pasta salad comes together so fast, you’ll be making it all the time. It’s one of those easy dishes that you’ll be able to whip up in less than 20 minutes and be ready for the party!
- BOIL TORTELLINI Start by boiling the Buitoni tortellini in water with just a little bit of olive oil. Cook for just 7 minutes, then drain and rinse under cool water to stop the pasta from cooking any further.
- ADD OLIVES & SALAMI Toss in the olives and sliced salami to a large bowl with the cooled tortellini pasta.
- SHAKE UP DRESSING Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar, close it up, and shake until fully combined. Pour dressing over pasta salad and stir to coat.
That’s it! It seriously doesn’t get any more simple, or delicious, than that!
Can I Make Tortellini Pasta Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! This salad is very hearty and can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance. Just keep covered tightly in the fridge and stir again before serving.
If you want to prepare it further in advance, just keep the dressing separate from the pasta and olives and wait until about to serve to combine them.
What To Serve With Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a great side dish for summer, or any time of the year. I personally love to pair it with grilled chicken, grilled steaks or even grilled shrimp. Here are some great recipes to check out…
- Last Minute Grilled Chicken
- The Best Steaks Ever
- Lemon Cilantro Grilled Shrimp
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
More Ways To Use Tortellini
I love how versatile tortellini is!! It’s great for tossing in soups, skillets, salads and so much more! Here are some of my other favorite ways to use it…
- Greek Spinach Tortellini Salad
- Meat Lover’s Tortellini Skillet
- Sausage and Pepper Tortellini Skillet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
I can’t wait for you to give this super easy Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe a try! I know you’re going to love it!
Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
- 20 oz Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 1½ cups black olives, drained
- 1½ cups green olives, stuffed with pimentos, drained
- ½ lb. salami, sliced into strips
For The Dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Boil the tortellini according to package instructions, about 7 minutes, until al dente. Drain and run cool water over the pasta to cool it off. Add pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the black and green olives as well as the salami to the bowl with the pasta.
For the Dressing
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and seal the lid tightly. Shake until fully combined, then pour over pasta and olives and stir to coat completely. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE