You guys, my kitchen is still a construction zone. And I’m sorry that’s all I want to talk about these days, but seriously, my life revolves around my kitchen… so it’s kinda hard for me to not talk about it.
I will say that it’s finally starting to take shape though, so that is super exciting! I will also say that it’s definitely not as quick and exciting as the Property Brothers always make it out to be.
I still love you Drew.
Since my kitchen is out of commission I took all my groceries over to my sister-in-law’s house and whipped up this Greek Spinach-Tortellini Salad in less than 15 minutes.
I was in between dealing with contractors and needing to quickly drive to my son’s school to watch him perform in his school play when I zipped over to my sister-in-law’s house to whip up this delicious Greek salad. Thank goodness I moved close to family! The salad was so gorgeous and light and just bursting with some beautiful herbs that I instantly fell in love.
I found a recipe for a Greek Spinach-Pasta Salad with Feta and Beans over on Better Home’s and Garden’s website and made a few small tweaks to make this salad really shine.
The results were incredible, and I can NOT wait to make this simple salad again (once my kitchen is back up and running).
I really loved the cheese-filled tortellini along with the tangy feta cheese that was sprinkled all over. The flavors of the dressing blended so well together too. It reminded me of my favorite Greek appetizer, Spanakopita. With all the spinach, herbs, cheese and bold sun dried tomatoes, it is a delightful spring salad that can easily become a meatless main dish.
The salad is served warm which is awesome because the spinach wilts slightly under the warmth of the tortellini, which I think makes it just melt in your mouth. It’s such a fancy looking salad, you’re going to seriously impress everyone with this one!
I’m sharing all the tweaks and modifications I made to this recipe over on Better Home’s and Garden’s blog, Delish Dish today, so jump on over there and grab this recipe. Give it a try today!
Greek Spinach - Tortellini Salad
- 1 baby spinach, 5 ounce package fresh
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, not oil-packed, snipped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano, snipped fresh
- 1 tablespoon dill, snipped fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme, snipped fresh (or thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 9 ounces cheese-filled tortellini pasta, fresh
- Parmesan, Shaved (or Pecorino Romano cheese)
- In a large serving bowl combine spinach, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, garlic, lemon peel and juice, oil, oregano, dill, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover; let stand at room temperature while preparing pasta or up to 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
- Shortly before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Toss cooked pasta and pasta water with spinach salad mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW