This cool and refreshing Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad is the perfect salad for a summer lunch!
So the weather has officially turned from nice and cool spring weather to the fiery pits of you know what!
I don’t know what happened, but all of a sudden we are experiencing temperatures well above 110 degrees.
You know what that means?
Lots and lots of cool and refreshing salads! I don’t want to stand in front of a stove for the life of me. Especially during lunch time. I’m all about the salads and sandwiches.
Spinach salads are some of my favorites. I made this Strawberry Spinach Salad a couple years ago and it’s been one of the most popular salad recipes on my site!
Then there was this Avocado and Citrus Salad that has a delicious lime poppyseed dressing…s0 naturally I combined the two salads and tweaked a few things here and there for the ultimate salad combination!
This salad is full of pistachios, goat cheese (feta would be awesome too), creamy avocado, juicy strawberries and a tangy lemon poppyseed dressing that just takes a minute to whip up!
All of this on top of a bed of fresh baby spinach.
This whole salad takes just minutes to prepare and is perfect for lunch or even bringing to a summer potluck!
My favorite are those creamy avocados with the tangy poppyseed dressing… I could dip the avocado slices in the dressing and be happy.
But to avoid awkward stares from my children, I make the full salad.
The things we have to do as parents…
Sometimes it’s hard adulting.
But when you get to eat salads like this one… well, that’s when it’s all worth it.
Bring on those sweltering temps!
–Just kidding mother nature, just kidding!
Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
For the Salad:
- 10 oz baby spinach leaves, bag of
- 2 large California Avocados, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (or feta cheese)
For the Dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into a sealable container and store in fridge for up to 1 week.
For the Salad:
- Place the baby spinach leaves in a large salad bowl, top with the sliced avocado, strawberries, pistachios and goat cheese.
- Toss gently before serving, drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy!